Complete beginner

Leeh88

Hello all I have just got into trials riding from many years off bmx and dirt jump I have recently bought a mission prodergy for £50 I think it's completely stock it has v-brakes I have ordered a Onza stem and bars as the one on the bike us quite short is there any thing I should change/ upgrade. Any help appreciated. 

IMAG1059.jpg

Hey. welcome to trials. Good purchase.  Bar and stem should make that feel pretty good for learning on.  A couple of basics first might be to check that it has a good chain on it, and make sure its adjusted properly to stop it sagging like that. That will slow down the engagement when you push on the pedals.  Half-link chains tend to stretch fairly quickly so a regular bmx chain is fine, or the kmc 610 and 710 are pretty damn good and reasonably priced.  Some soft sticky v pads will help you out a lot too. The standard freewheel may not have many engagements, and arent really strong, so that could be a worthy upgrade down the line.  lastly, check the cranks bolts before every ride. those older type square taper cranks can round off easily if they come a bit loose.  thats it.  have fun!

Thank-you have just changed the freewheel and chain gave it a good service as work in a bike shop have got some shimano xtr v-brake calipers on the way aswell many thanks. Now just to learn the basic moves