Late every night, my bike moves a little.

Herbertlemon102

For the past few months, every day, without fail, hours after putting it there, my bike will roll forwards a couple centimetres. I’ll be in bed, it’s by my window- and sometime around 9/10pm, I’ll hear the very distinctive hope hub ratchet around 2/3 clicks. With no exceptions. It’s leant against my wall a different way every time, it’s been used that day at a different time each day, and yet it still does it. 

Genuinely freaks me out a little bit. 

Anyone ever have something similar?

Edited by Herbertlemon102
  • Like 6

Sounds like you've got a ghost that really likes the bikes geo.

Are you sure you're the only one riding it when you take it for a spin? Any massive improvements riding lately? :P

I've got a kettle that randomly does the sound it makes when it's got the water up to temp, along with the sound of the switch springing back up, though nothing moves or gets hot.

I started saying 'enjoy your cuppa' if I happen to be close and mind my own business.

• Like 1

On 11/03/2019 at 11:13 PM, marg26 said:

feel like a massive killjoy asking, but central heating on a timer?

i thought so, but the times are inconsistent....

happened again last night. was around 11. just came in from riding now, will report back tomorrow now im looking out for it.

little update, it hasn't done it these past couple days, so i'm not sure what to take away from that. that it was coincidence it did it for weeks on end and then stopped when i made it a thing? not sure whats changed except its sunnier. 

disclaimer: fully believe its something silly like a dodgy floor that shrinks at night in the cold, 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...