Help with decal removal

Herbertlemon102

Just wondering if anyone has any tips or tricks to removing decals. They’re just stuck on, but are too tough to remove by hand, it would take yonks. 

On the flip side, I know that people quite like these decals, so if anyone has a jealousy frame and fork in very good condition, I’ll happily swap it- because after I’ve taken the hope logos off, I’ll then have to use paint thinner on the crewkerz ones underneath. Extra effort.

I just really like simple colour schemes when bikes are involved. I want this all black with the purple accents. I also have a blacked out cleep2 frameset for sale, seeing as I’m going on an advertising venture already. Just message me.

BF890B5B-5188-490D-847E-55070396C796.jpeg

E65C74E9-C176-40CF-8945-8F139A00278E.jpeg

Heat the stickers up with heat gun/hair dryer, should help the stickers peel off in one piece as the glue gets warm. Then Acetone or something similar to remove the glue and original decals.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Cap said:

Heat the stickers up with heat gun/hair dryer, should help the stickers peel off in one piece as the glue gets warm. Then Acetone or something similar to remove the glue and original decals.

Sweet, nice one 

2 minutes ago, Mark W said:

You could do that, but as far as I know there's no bike aesthetics related problem that a can of satin or matte black spray paint hasn't been able to solve.

The logos are 3D, you’ll still be able to see them... and from past frame spraying experience it’ll scratch off pretty easy on aluminium ... I don’t mind a bit of extra work to get that nice anodising showing through :P 

On 08/04/2019 at 0:35 PM, Cap said:

The hairdryer trick worked super well, all of them came off in one piece- cheers (Y) 

• Like 2