110/116mm Rear Mod Hub

Brian Bleech

alex dark did mine and @isitafox, was an amazing piece of work and properly done, both are still going (i had both at one point) with their new owners. im not sure if he can still make them but hes worth asking.

josh leech did @aener's, completely different style of doing it, was mechanically simpler but just as effective, its definitely worth asking. again, not sure if he can still do them but there you are-

i asked euan beaden originally and he said he couldnt do 110, but then alex did it anyway. i think thats because euan just machined down the driveside so you have a seriously dished wheel, which wouldnt leave enough space for 110mm. but he is another option. 

hope any of that helps.

1 hour ago, monkeyseemonkeydo said:

What did Alex and Josh do to the respective hubs?

A lot. Axle machining, hubshell, driveshell, bearing relocation, end caps, machining a new thread into the driveshell for a new external lockring (Alex) and probably more that I don’t know about. Josh’s doesn’t have a lockring, it has a C-Clip. The ones alex did have no dish, they’re equal on both sides and the disc mounts are usable- the one alex did for me was unique in that the disc tabs could be used on a 110mm frame, it was really impressive to get that to work. 

Josh’s I believe also had no dish from when I’ve seen Flipp’s bike, and disc tabs were most certainly usable.

• 4 weeks later...