Back again after 8 years!

TheLanLad

Have managed to pick up a dirt cheap Onza T-Pro, after my stepdad picked up a Zoot (he's in his 60's!!)

I've yet to rebuild it as it was in fairly poor shape, however a quick order to Onza and Tarty, and it should be as good as new in the next week! Anyone still ride? Remember hanging with a Dave? (told me to follow him in Castle park on my brand new Phase and it went from there), Rowan back in '08 when he kept on about his 'secret weapon' which turned out to be the epic Ashton Justice. Still have my old MAD Phase 1.2 with the snapped chainstay somewhere in the garage, but have decided to take the cheaper option.

Are the spots still the same? Castle Park/Lloyds? Noticed the skatepark? under the Ashton bypass on the Portway, looks very trials'esq!

Still recovering from numerous accidents so will probably be useless on a bike, but pretty excited to try and get back at it!!

Cheers,

Sam

P.S. - My old bike, just in case anyone on here remembers me =]

ltchRpM.jpg

'08 would have been around the time Dave Greening was on the scene - if the Dave you met was an Aussie then it'll likely be him. That said, the scene was lovely and busy at that point so it could have been anyone from around the country to be honest.

Been a while since I rode regularly, let alone in Bristol, but I believe most (not all) of the old spots still exist. Some development though, so as always you'd do well to go off the beaten track and find some of the lesser known (and undoubtedly new) locations too :)

Was Dave Wells around at that time?

Most of the OG Bristol spots are still there, plus some new ones too.  If you're on Facebook, there's a group for Bristol riders that might be of interest to you: https://www.facebook.com/groups/411304495943850/

There are another couple on there too but that's the most recent one I believe.  

Definitely not Greening - he was an engineer but was born before universities were invented.
Don't remember Wells being at the uni either in fairness.

David Spain (was he "Div" on here or something? I've completely forgotten sadly and that username no longer seems to exist so possibly not) was at the uni and occasionally found his way out on a bike, albeit not too often. Could be another potential. Regardless, we're getting a little off topic now so no use us derailing further I suppose.

@Rich Hill is also in Bristol, though not sure if he still has a trials bike or not. You should drag him out if so, then go for a pint after (Y)