Grips

isitafox

Are foam trials grips anything like ESI Chunky silicon foam grips? I found the latter an improvement in comfort over lock-ons, but they didn't last me long at all.

Edited by marg26

On ‎03‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 6:37 PM, isitafox said:

Just wondered if anyone on here has used foam trials grips on their mtb and if so, how did/do you find them? 

The thing with grips on my mountain bike is that they need to be lock-ons, with riding gong down in all weathers and the like. As mentioned above, the foam ESI grips come as lock on, so they could be your best bet.

22 hours ago, Brian Bleech said:

I am a big fan of the Sensus Swayze grips, won't use anything else from now on.

https://www.thesensus.com/shopgrips/swayzeslips

Not like you to be running new grips :rolleyes: I've been running ODI nipple grips for the past few weeks and really liking them.B)

11 minutes ago, Ross McArthur said:

Not like you to be running new grips :rolleyes: I've been running ODI nipple grips for the past few weeks and really liking them.B)

Which ones are the nipple grips? Big fan of ODI grips, might try them ... :P

I ran longnecks for years, great grips but the sensus work way better in 40C temps with no gloves.

43 minutes ago, Ross McArthur said:

The thing with grips on my mountain bike is that they need to be lock-ons, with riding gong down in all weathers and the like. As mentioned above, the foam ESI grips come as lock on, so they could be your best bet.

I've had no issues with my ESI's moving (non lock-on versions). I think I'd destroy them trying to take them off the bars but slipping doesn't seem to be an issue.