Magura Lever Blade Replacements

Archie H

Hi all,

Broke the lever blade on my magura MT trail (MT4/5) a couple days ago and wondering what to do. I know this isn't an uncommon thing but I like the maguras and don't wanna go to shimano. My main question is about HC3 levers on the cheaper magura brakes. Basically, does it work? I've heard people saying there is a bit of flop in the lever when they do this, is this massive and is it a problem? At some point I want to go to MT6 and MT7 but sadly don't have enough cash to do that at the moment. HC3 levers are like 20 quid more than HC's so if it will work, i might go for it. 

Thanks.

I've been running HC3s on MT2 bodies for the past few years.  It's weird - on some bodies they seem to have a bit of play and on some they don't.  I'm pretty fussy about setups and in all honesty it's never really been noticeable/a problem for me.  When you're not riding and you go looking for it you'll find the play there, but when I'm riding they just stay in the same spot typically.

Also, don't bother getting the MT6/7 levers, especially if you're using the HC3 blade.  You're basically paying a lot more for virtually the same thing, but with the added weak spot of that BAT adjuster dial hole.  You can't use the BAT adjuster along with the HC3 blade so you don't really gain anything apart from the upgraded bar clamp which you can just buy on its own anyway.  With how temperamental Magura levers are, just going for the cheaper bodies and swapping the more expensive blade part out when you change over seems to be the most economical way to go.

• Like 1