Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AdamAllen

Snail Cam holes

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Easy Lads,

Looking for abit of advise, I wanna drill some holes in the below for snail cam grubs, Where does everyone think would be best? I'm thinking bottom right corner of the dropout?

Thanks

Adam

20190516_064936.jpg

Edited by AdamAllen
1 person likes this

Hate tugs Earl,

And the dropout only has about as much movement in it as the preformed insert of the tug. - Are you still riding?

Adam

Posted (edited)

i still ride from time to time

Edited by Earl

Might be worth measuring where the hub is going to sit when you get your ideal gear ratio, then go from there?  If it's going to end up sitting further back, having the hole bottom right might not be ideal.  If you have to wind a lot of cam on then you'll have to run the cam with the larger section hanging on the underside of the dropout which makes it a little more prone to getting hit.

59 minutes ago, Mark W said:

Might be worth measuring where the hub is going to sit when you get your ideal gear ratio, then go from there?  If it's going to end up sitting further back, having the hole bottom right might not be ideal.  If you have to wind a lot of cam on then you'll have to run the cam with the larger section hanging on the underside of the dropout which makes it a little more prone to getting hit.

I was actually thinking this not long ago. If i'm lucky I could run with no tensioners  B).

Thanks Mark.

slam that hub and make a spoke tensioner ;)