TGS Sl*T

bmxchris11

20190603_175056.thumb.jpg.0cec4e64b88ced571d5c3a7a22b1ee97.jpgJust finished rebuild my all time favourite bike thanks to Ben at Trials Addict, now time for some dirty droppy g's!! 

First few clips on my instagram: tgs_chriss 

GU Frame

Zoo forks

Trialtech Bars+stem

Echo headset 

Trialtech bb

Ko bashring

Echo cranks

Rear maggy - front vee

Trialtech rims - rear pro4 - front echo hub

WAW Vee Tyres

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, SamKidney said:

Down tube next with it being an 08 model Typhoon :-

I'm perfectly willing to accept otherwise as I never followed them too closely, but isn't that a TP rather than the Typhoon?
From the year they suddenly went from doing just Typhooons to doing the TP, LE and DD all at once?

I thought even the latest of Typhoon's gusset stopped a bit further up the downtube and had a more gentle curve between toptube and seatstays.

Doesn't matter either way, but curious as to the accuracy of my memories now :lol:

4 hours ago, aener said:

I'm perfectly willing to accept otherwise as I never followed them too closely, but isn't that a TP rather than the Typhoon?
From the year they suddenly went from doing just Typhooons to doing the TP, LE and DD all at once?

I thought even the latest of Typhoon's gusset stopped a bit further up the downtube and had a more gentle curve between toptube and seatstays.

Doesn't matter either way, but curious as to the accuracy of my memories now :lol:

You could well be correct, I just remember that particular frame being prone to cracking/snapping at the end of that top/down tube gusset :D 

The older frames were lovely and strong 

Edited by SamKidney

4 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Pretty sure TP was known for the typhoon back then ;)

I'm referring to the year of production when the model name listed on sites became TP rather than Typhoon. 

They're of the same lineage, yes, but I was asking about the distinction between the 08 Typhoon and TP.

On 7/10/2019 at 11:56 AM, SamKidney said:

You could well be correct, I just remember that particular frame being prone to cracking/snapping at the end of that top/down tube gusset :D 

The older frames were lovely and strong 

It was the 20s that snaped due to the bashplate mounts :)