Gothic Jealousy

Herbertlemon102

I know, it loses points because I stripped the ratchet out of my purple pro4 and had to resort to a spare wheel, but this bike is by far the most fun I’ve had riding! Helped along by the fact the bike is pretty darn tough (minus the cheese rear wheel which dents when you look at it) and it’s brought with it many a good time so far, can’t wait to get better on it. 

Not the lightest, no carbon, front disc and beefy front rim means after swapping my tubes for something a bit beefier it’s about 10kg or so. But  I can go the biggest I ever have on it so who cares, feels great :D 

8B6E7143-5EE5-44CF-9D2A-84A5C32375EA.jpeg

83B07D81-2A04-4686-A8EA-1D179C9F07D8.jpeg

C733AB4A-613A-43A3-9A5E-AB26CBE767F5.jpeg

7AF25C5A-D1F1-4E7E-A7A3-669ABCCA42FB.jpeg

7862FF89-4922-400D-8240-CA7E18CD8A48.jpeg

• Like 2

Snazzy setup (Y)  Have you tried sorting the stripped hub out with Hope?  They're usually pretty good with that kind of thing.

It's cool that you feel you're riding better on it too.  Just goes to show that weight doesn't really matter too much (for most people at least), and that a bike that's well setup can 'ride light' even if it's actually a bit of a porker.

10 hours ago, Mark W said:

Snazzy setup (Y)  Have you tried sorting the stripped hub out with Hope?  They're usually pretty good with that kind of thing.

It's cool that you feel you're riding better on it too.  Just goes to show that weight doesn't really matter too much (for most people at least), and that a bike that's well setup can 'ride light' even if it's actually a bit of a porker.

i did, they said nah, ring a dealer and get a hubshell, so i rang Stan and he rang hope and they said they dont sell hubshells on their own.

was a bit miffed obviously, but i understand why they didnt just replace it- i didnt buy it direct from them. but the whole hubshellthing was bizzare. decided to bodge an old wheel until i can afford another one :P 

cheers dude. when we riding??