Mark W

Bike Trial Academy UK Weekender - 28-29 Sep

8 posts in this topic

28-29th September, Bike Trial Academy UK, CB23 2UP.

Saturday features Round 5 of the Academy competition series, mini comps, games, a cake party and more.

Sunday features a retro trials comp, riding, more fun competitions, riding, a trials car boot sale and more riding.

Tickets and more info are available now: bit.ly/btauk-tickets

see you there!

2 hours ago, Mark W said:

Sunday features a retro trials comp, riding, more fun competitions, riding, a trials car boot sale and more riding.

Either one of those would have done. *checks availability* *checks what old school bikes I have to compete with*

I'm considering coming along to this for one day, just wondering if one of the days might be more suitable for a beginner to ride than another?

I think realistically either would probably be fine, but if you're on Facebook or Instagram it might be worth firing a message over to the Academy about it.  You might get more scope to play on different bits of the place on the Sunday as there won't be a full competition on then, but equally if you wanted to have a pop at a trials comp to see what they're like Saturday would be the one.  The Academy rounds are low pressure/stress ones, so would be a good one to try if you wanted to dip a toe.

What's a retro trials comp?

Fun comp on an old bike. Nothing too serious, just a way for some dads to dust off their oldskool machines B)

Got my day ticket now. Still not decided which day to go. Messaged them late night last week on FB but probably waffled on too much or something and they forgot - but probably will just go with whichever day turns out to be the more convenient.

Edited by marg26