Prototype Fourplay Frame

Greasysidedown

Trying to track down where this frame came from. Inspired informed me that it is a 2012-13 prototype but had no further information. It differs from the production version with a through-axle and internal headset. They said they believe it is not a taper headtube and I have not taken it apart yet to verify. Sick bike though. Any help is appreciated on tracking down why this was made.

20181010_132300.jpg

20190919_181217.jpg

20190919_181330.jpg

20181010_144605.jpg

Edited by Greasysidedown

I vaguely remember Rob Harris either receiving this or riding this at Radical bikes a few years back following him winning a competition called Get Creative. In the novice* category with a pretty sweet video. 

*I can't remember what it was called but non pro/sponsored riders anyway. 

I think that's likely why nobody knows a great deal about this bike as I don't think he rode trials for very long afterwards. It was some point around the same time as TRA getting a 26" disc version also. 

Interesting to see the prototyping of the new/current tensioner system from years ago and the head tube that made it onto a run of Fourplay frames that nobody had any clue why they'd beefed it up but not changed the forks.