Inspired seatpost length

marg26

A while back it occurred to me that most of the seat post used on my Console was redundant and I could saw most of it off but while window shopping on Tarty bikes I noticed they say a seatpost length less than 100mm invalidated the warranty on Inspired frames.

Will my frame collapse if I saw the seatpost down?

They had an issue with a frame where someone had cut their post down super short, and there was a concern that that may have led to it breaking where it did.  As long as you don't go nuts with it you'll probably be fine (Y) 

Think 100mm is roughly the length it is now maybe slightly more. Just thought it seemed a bit unnecessary for a seatpost and saddle I only sit on when not riding. It's not a big deal. I watched the new Ben Travis bike build video and it reminded me about it.

So, I should probably say that the seatpost in my new bike build video was the same one i've been running in my 2019 Arcade for about a year, and with everything i've thrown at it (including many many crashes and awkward landings), i've had no issues with the frame or that junction of the frame.

The reason i cut it so short was for last years arcade I wanted to get it as light as possible when i first built it up (Carbon spacers, ti-bolts etc).

I'd leave it at the 100mm if i were you, i doubt you'd save much more weight trimming it down to where i have done.