Onza T-Lite

Si

Hi All,

After 15 years out of trials, at the ripe age of 30 I've decided to scratch the itch and get myself another trials bike.

After scouring through my profile I found old photos of my last trials bike which ended up in Beverley from memory, below are some photos on which were taken with a potato

large.gallery_1610_60_1099252851.jpg.74c

large.gallery_1610_60_1100463791.jpg.07e

I recently got myself an Onza T-Bird off eBay, I remember having one of those around 2003 and thought it would be good to go back to something familiar.

49242505767_9c186ee9b2_c.jpg

T-Bird by Simon Blades

I've a few things I'd like to replace on it, primarily the freewheel as it has what feels like 10 engagement points!

Thanks for looking

Edited by Si
  • Like 1

I'm based in Leeds. Fancy some rides when this rain makes itself scarce?
Is York much fun? Only been the once with Danny Garland quite a few years ago and it seemed... passable :P Willing to believe I just didn't see the good bits though!

I can imagine the freewheel woes. I'll see if I've got one in the garage. It'd not be amazing, but likely better than the Claws that is probably on it!
Or did these get Tensile 30s maybe? Either way - I might have an Echo or something I could bring along to a ride.

Edited by aener

Thought I'd finally give this a long overdue update.

Earlier on in the year I picked some stuff up from @wilf, he kindly sent across an Onza T-Lite frame, Viz forks, Onza stem and some bars. This package turned up looking like some giant insect cocoon! 

50012232086_316e48143e_c.jpg

Trials Bike by Simon Blades, on Flickr

Once I had battled removing it all I ended up with this...

50012488942_3c85332a2e_c.jpg

I took the half built bike to the garage where I left it for a free weekend to transfer over some of the parts from the original T-Bird. Admittedly I had to buy some tools to remove some components but still had some of my original stuff which I bought nearly 20 years ago which has definitely paid for itself now.

50012488882_1b6bb13cda_c.jpg

In the mean time I got myself a 12T sprocket from @monkeyseemonkeydo which I've got waiting for when I get my freewheel crank setup all bought.

50012232116_5e8c1487aa_c.jpg

After seeing @James Wright selling a Hope Tech 3 Trialzone front disk and a Echo front disk wheel I added this to the seemingly never ending bike bits

50011698503_a7a9fd70b6_c.jpg

I had seen Onza had a sale on their website so thought I'd get another piece of the puzzle sorted...

50012264616_c52104df2f_c.jpg

So all I require now is an ISIS bottom bracket, a new chain and a 180mm front rotor to be back up and running. 

Edited by Si
  • Like 2

• 2 years later...

Can anyone help me with sorting out a bottom bracket and freewheel? I have those ISIS Onza cranks but I'm unsure of the required clearance, I could also do with a freewheel too. Back in the day you'd grab an ACS claws, cut the tabs off, weld it up and you'd be sorted but it seems they no longer sell them :mad:

Fairly sure you’ll need a 128mm ISIS bb. Trialtech is a pretty decent option. 

As for freewheels , echo SL are probably the best screw on option. Around 4x more engagement than an ACS claw , stronger , less likely to skip and no falling off lockring issues ☺️

• 1 year later...