Inspired In Malaga

Mark W

Did you finally find someone to film that crashed more than me? :lol: 

Bit Ali-light? Or is he stashing for personal use?

Totally in love with John's front-wheel shenanigans. That mid-g-turn-step-up (for want of a better name) on the double ledge rocked my world. Also the pivot and fakie down the skinny.
Much fun!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, aener said:

Bit Ali-light? Or is he stashing for personal use?

Ali sent himself (partially) and his bike (fully) down a gap between some of those big sea defence block things, and hurt his leg in the process.  Happened just as he was getting into the swing of things too.  Not that there's ever a good time to nearly fall down a 20ft drop onto jagged concrete blocks, but that certainly wasn't it :P 

Bonus info: That pivot to fakie nose roll down that ledge happened after we'd filmed the line of Thom doing the drop to 180 off the skip/bin line.  John had been hanging out filming the second angle for me, and by the time the line got pulled we were all pretty done for the day.  Was getting dark and cold, and nobody was really in the mood to ride.  On the way back we happened to go past that spot so we had a look at stuff.  John called out that line, and I expected it'd be one we'd go back to.  Instead, he said that he would rather just get it done.

No warm up, just went to front on the rail a few times.  Seemingly the worst part about it for him was having to take his jacket and hoody off as he wanted all his clips to feature that Sick Series T, so he had to go down to single layer in some pretty brisk conditions.  He took those crashes in the video, then basically smashed the actual line out first go.  

John is really, really good.

• Like 3

Pretty much the same as it was for the 24 tour, haha.  Upgraded to a 70D as my main camera now, and just run it all through Premiere Pro CS6.

John just posted up the phone angle (also better than my angle...) of the ender move - this was absolutely nuts to see in person.  He got a puncture first try, then just stomped it second try.  I don't think he even did a straight 3 tap on the rail first.  Properly next level...

Funnily enough @Tony Harrison, the whole time I was filming I had some constructive criticism that I'd attributed to you from the Inspired in Barca video in my head.  Turns out it wasn't from you after all, but you were with me in spirit ;) 

• Like 2

That was great ! 

Props to you all, really liked Duncan's commitment in this one ! 

John's bike control is insane, smooth balance. Powerful aswell. You have to see him ride to really get it !  Videos dont even give him justice haha. 

He did a similar 3tap whip on a rail at Lyon last year. First go. After a beer and a maxi tacos. Casual