Need advice for Marino bikes

MAR3NAS

depends what forks you're going to run...steel forks with a tapered steerer are harder to find if you ever went aftermarket plus they're a bit heavier and 1 1/8th is plenty strong in steel. If you want to use alloy, carbon or suspension forks in the future then go with tapered as they're stronger and more common 

Marino was using a 2 piece fork that consisted of a bonding and a weld at the bottom on his steel forks that kept failing so he did go to tapered head tube on his trials models but has since resolved his issue and the standard forks are now much better. 

I have had last year an issue in communication with Marino and I would avoid ordering a frame off him. After seeing lots of recent posts regarding people buying frames and having a long wait time he has levelled up on my custom frame order. Resulting in my buying a frame elsewhere with the money set aside for him.

Related image

3 hours ago, Ali C said:

depends what forks you're going to run...steel forks with a tapered steerer are harder to find if you ever went aftermarket plus they're a bit heavier and 1 1/8th is plenty strong in steel. If you want to use alloy, carbon or suspension forks in the future then go with tapered as they're stronger and more common 

Marino making tapered forks. I will be using only steel, because of the feel. If I end up buying arcade fork, I will use 1.1/8 tapered 1.5 to 1.1/8 headset. 

1 hour ago, Paperclip said:

Marino was using a 2 piece fork that consisted of a bonding and a weld at the bottom on his steel forks that kept failing so he did go to tapered head tube on his trials models but has since resolved his issue and the standard forks are now much better. 

I have had last year an issue in communication with Marino and I would avoid ordering a frame off him. After seeing lots of recent posts regarding people buying frames and having a long wait time he has levelled up on my custom frame order. Resulting in my buying a frame elsewhere with the money set aside for him.

Related image

I have no other choice. I like 26 wheels and steel 

I hope they levelled up in good. 

Maybe in future inspired will make steel 26 frames/bikes :D

Edited by MAR3NAS

Asked for Arcade geo, and that's what they get... All joking aside, the head angles on mtbs these days are nuts. Pink Bike even had a Alu full sus made with a SUUUUPER slack HA and massive WB, just to see if too far was TOO FAR. Looking fwd to seeing the results of their testing. I air on the conservative mtb geo myself.