Selfless act of kindness

Tom Booth

https://www.gofundme.com/f/nathan-fs-cancer?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link-tip&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet

That go fund me page is my wifes lifelong best friend and her husband, they've been through absolute hell and back for the past few years and I can't think of anyone who deserves it less.

If you can dudes, a quid is amazing, a fiver is unbelievable for a man you've never met and anything more puts you in god mode in my eyes.

Jenny's known Keely (Nathan's wife) since they were in primary school together, they live 30 seconds down the road from us and are just normal, hard working people that have been struck by the bullshit that is cancer. 

I'm pretty sure anyone reading this has been through issues with cancer, be it a friend, relative or yourself, I've dealt with it multiple times and its devastating watching your friend/family go through it and theres not much you can do other then be there. The difference is this time there is something you can do, as you might read in the story this money will fund the much needed surgery. They've funded pretty much everything they've been through already through their own pocket (that hasn't been NHS) and some of the costs have been astronomical.

Please, give what you can dudes, if it means you go without a coffee or dominos tonight, you don't realise the difference you'd be making to a life.

If you donate please let me know.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, monkeyseemonkeydo said:

That's not a glowing testimony... ;)

Taken outta context it is, read in context it's pretty fine.

Thanks guys, its massively appreciated. It's a strange feeling as the money isn't just to keep them going, its literally a lifeline for them.

An Ed, nottinghamshire virgins? :lol: You'd have better luck asking for hens teeth.

Thanks guys, it does mean a hell of alot that you'd give to someone you've never met, nor going to meet.

Theres a charity auction happening for him soon, and an evening fundraiser. A few folks are doing coast to coast bike rides and sponsored football matches etc.

I looked at it like £10 being two pints of beer in the local (Yeah, Bristol...) - a much better use of that cash is to help someone who's going through a whole lot of shit!

Looks like his fundraiser is going really well, I saw someone donated a grand not long after me, great to see so many generous people getting involved.

Yeah its next level really, super happy with it! A few of us have sent it to local news and stuff and it's been picked up by local papers and stuff so thats pushed it around loads. His wifes doing like a fundraiser with loadsa gifts from local businesses.

• 2 months later...

Donated what I could dude. It’s not a lot but it’s better in their pocket than me spending money on scratch cards I will not win on lol.

I wish them all the best.

EDIT: It has just declined my donation, I will try again.

Edited by JamieP

Legends, thanks guys.

Unfortunatley the current situation has put a halt to it really, it's been weird recently though as they've had features in the nottingham post, smaller local papers and all the way upto national papers which bas been awesome. Get the odd influx of donations each time too!

Thanks again to anyone that's donated on here, do love this place!

• 9 months later...

So, quick update following on from this....

Anyone that donated, you've earnt yourself a cold one. Nathan had the new treatment towards the end of last year after 3 or 4 sessions of treatment the cancer was massively overwhelmed and the treatment was a success. Before Christmas he had a MRI scan and they couldn't find cancer in his body at all, they recommended he go for a PET scan (I think that's the right, it was something like that, just MRI with binoculars basically, looking to the 1000th of a millimeter) and they found zero cancer, non, nada, nothing. At the minute he's still ongoing regular check ups and I think he has more treatment coming to really keep ontop of it.

So anyone that donated to this your donation actually saved a life, be it 50p, £2 or £200, you contributed to saving his life.

About 3 weeks ago he welcomed into the world his first kid with his wife, so if all continues as it is now he should have a long and happy life watching his kid grow up.

TF did me and yourself proud.

• Like 8

Yeah it's pretty surreal, it's pretty mad that it's a crowd fund that actually worked, and did something other then get new hair for some tiktok goon.

Last time we spoke about it, his treatment nurse was going to propose the treatment to her managers and see if they could get it reviewed for use in the UK which is wild. To think this could be the beginning of something big for alot of patients if they're compatible with the treatment.

• Like 1