Rear 26in grippy street tyre

Element26

I'm still using Maxxis Holy Roller's on my Arcade (used to run Moto RTs on the old Fourplay) and really can't complain. A bit higher air volume and chunkier knobbles than the Motos. I've just stick a DMR Moto Digger on my jump/slopestyle MTB which might be an option but I've never used one on a trials bike so can't really comment on that one.

Have a look at the Maxxis DHF in "Maxx Pro" compound. The 2.5 dual ply should be better for the rear. Fast rolling with the compound but plenty big knobs on there to grip on sharp edges.

I find the DHF better than the likes of the High Roller as it lasts longer and less susceptible to punctures as the tread depth is deeper.

Which High roller do you mean ? The first one or the second version ?

The first one rolls really but it is pretty directional. Not sure it is a good tyre for trial on natural obstacles.

The high roller II rolls a little worse but is less directional.

The DHF and the DHR roll even worse.

A really fast rolling maxxis tyre is the ardent, but it has really thin sidewalls, so I will recommend it only on the front. The ardent race uses 3 different compounds and might roll even better (didn't ride it).

My preference for street/trial goes to the holy roller. I tried the Kenda K-rad, Kenda Small Block 8, Kenda Kranium, Onza XIII, Schwalbe table top on my hardtails and I think only the holy roller and the table top are good for street/trial.

Edited by La Bourde

Put 80psi in and tell me how good they roll.:P

I meant the old highroller.

The thing about mountain bike tyres being used on trials bikes, its best to run them backwards. It means the backs of the ramped knobs hook up on edges better.

The Maxxis Larsen was the go to street tyre when it was available.

• Like 1

How about trying to find a used set of Kaiser projekts or Tryall Sticky-Lite?

The Tryall tire especially has such soft compounds, it is not too long before it becomes half slick with bald center knobs and only side knobs for hooking on to walls.