Covid19

Davetrials

2 hours ago, Al_Fel said:

Am I really that bad? I've got no interest in taking the vaccine. For me its like having the Flu jab. I've never had the flu jab so I don't see why I'd need this one?

I think the difference is the flu has never put as much strain on the NHS as covid has done, getting the vulnerable and elderly vaccinated gets the ball rolling to help avoid that happening again.

I get the concern for long term effects the vaccine could have, but I'm also worried about the covid long term effects too. I know of a few cases personally where people are having lung bother months after recovering, the usual 'I used to be able to run a few miles no bother but not any more' stories. 

Hopefully, I'm young and healthy enough to get over covid like the majority of people do but the idea of going back to life without worrying about transmitting it to people I see all the time is enough to persuade me to take the vaccine if it comes my way. 

9 hours ago, Al_Fel said:

Am I really that bad? I've got no interest in taking the vaccine. For me its like having the Flu jab. I've never had the flu jab so I don't see why I'd need this one?

that was a lot less of a fun answer than I wanted. 

How about microwaves? there dangerous right?

5G Masts?

• Like 1

I read a good post somewhere this morning that explained how the vaccine was designed and works which was quite interesting. They explained that the vaccine just contains some of the protein that exists on the cell walls of the virus and works by effectively training your own immune system to recognse and attack that protein so that if you come into contact with the virus in the future your immune system is already primed to tell it to f**k right off. If that's the case I'm certainly less bothered by the potential long term effects of it. Is that Jane's understanding of it @Ali C?

I don't fully know her opinion of it, my understanding is that she thinks they have our best interest at heart and adverse effects are certainly not guaranteed but from all the positive results she's read about Ivermectin she'd rather use that than a rushed out drug, even if it's had all the money in the world thrown at it.

• 2 weeks later...

:lol:

3 kids at home for the foreseeable now, luckily the wife doesn't work anyway so we don't have to worry about childcare. Just hope the weather picks up soon, lockdown in the summer was great being outdoors so much. Won't be enjoyable if it's just constant rain for weeks... 

• Like 2

Currently living in the house of Rona. My dad and sister tested positive Tuesday last week and me and my mum tested negative. I've definitely got it now. So far it hasn't been too bad but its still early days. My dad is 75 and has got COPD he had a bit of a wobble last night because he felt cold and over did it trying to get warm and was in a state of delirium. It's definitely not just a high temperature and a cough to this virus. I've hardly got a cough but will do the odd cough throughout the day. My chest feels tight and I've had pains there too.

Here's a list of ongoing symptoms and we've had/got pretty much everything on here between us.

Respiratory symptoms

• Breathlessness

• Cough

Cardiovascular symptoms

• Chest tightness

• Chest pain

• Palpitations

Generalised symptoms

• Fatigue

• Fever

• Pain

Neurological symptoms

• Cognitive impairment ('brain fog', loss of concentration or memory issues)

• Headache

• Sleep disturbance

• Peripheral neuropathy symptoms (pins and needles and numbness)

• Dizziness

• Delirium (in older populations)

Gastrointestinal symptoms

• Abdominal pain

• Nausea

• Diarrhoea

• Anorexia and reduced appetite (in older populations)

Musculoskeletal symptoms

• Joint pain

• Muscle pain

Psychological/psychiatric symptoms

• Symptoms of depression

• Symptoms of anxiety

Ear, nose and throat symptoms

• Tinnitus

• Earache

• Sore throat

• Dizziness

• Loss of taste and/or smell

Dermatological

• Skin rashes

https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ng188/chapter/common-symptoms-of-ongoing-symptomatic-covid-19-and-post-covid-19-syndrome?fbclid=IwAR0psQ-RHHPKkHe_abubZfvOV_oLL8O5bcCE7PSeSgBJEkYDKHCODI8Jmco

Generally I don't feel too bad but I'm struggling to get a good sleep of a night. Through the day I feel fine. It's still early days though so I'm assuming things will get worse.

From what I can tell it's different for different people and there's no set way to combat it. I don't think 10 - 14 days isolation from testing positive will be enough for my family to prevent spreading it.

Just giving people my experience so far. I think a lot of people including myself aren't/haven't took it seriously enough. I don't think our Government have done enough to stop the spread because I don't think people have confidence in them. AT the same time I think people should take responsibility for their own actions and understand there is actually a very serious virus kicking about and although most people will be fine and recover a lot of people will suffer and die because of it.

That might seem like a ramble and not have any structure but I just wanted to get it out there.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, forteh said:

How are your vitamin D levels?  Try mainlining vitamin D and see if it helps any, the wife's past reading showed a correlation between case severity and vitamin D deficiency. Good luck to you all!

We've all been taking Vitamin D for a while now. I couldn't say how my levels are without getting some kind of test but I assume with taking the tablets it should be alright. I don't feel the sickest I've ever felt but I don't feel great either. I think I'm probably coping the best out of everyone but I'm the youngest (other than my 6 year old niece who is perfectly fine). I've started showing symptoms since Friday so its still early days yet.

• Like 1

I think in general if you've been supplementing it then you'll have gven yourself your best chance on that front.  Especially with it being winter, levels are typically lower anyways so it's always worth upping if you can, it can make a huge difference if you're just not feeling right in yourself :)

43 minutes ago, aener said:

It's a shame that you can't take advantage of it now given that you'll have to isolate, but Vitamin D is one of the freebies in the goodie bag you get given every time you get out on the bike ;)

Not from November to February in England

https://images.app.goo.gl/GchAPAWvtSTn7ZhS7

https://covid.joinzoe.com/us-post/covid-clusters

This breaks it down into 6 categories. It makes a lot of sense because it seems to impact people differntly.

Me, my mum and sister have all lost our smell and taste but my dad hasn't. He's suffering a lot more than us and it's mainly due to his high temperature. He doesn't drink as much water as he should either.

I thought Covid-19 was mainly a high temperature and a cough but there's a lot more to it than that.

I'm nearly a week in and I feel like I'm just at the start of it still.

7 hours ago, Al_Fel said:

It makes a lot of sense because it seems to impact people differently.

Not quite in the same way that you're referring to it, but even the same strain affects people differently. Sweet anecdotal evidence time - a couple we know both contracted it. The guy in the relationship was being treated for stage 4 cancer, and was having some hardcore chemo so had no immune system. He and his partner were both supposed to be shielding because of that, but they didn't really 'believe' in it, so... yeah.

His partner was relatively healthy. Over 50 (as is he), but no underlying health conditions. When they both got it he was relatively unaffected by it just having some headaches and some fatigue, but she got into a much worse state and nearly had to be admitted to hospital.

Interestingly, he was using a prescribed mouthwash 3 times a day due to the ulcers and sores he was getting in his mouth from his chemo. The study about some forms of mouthwash being able to kill the virus came out around that time too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danny said:

Do you have any idea how your dad/sister got it?

I really don't know. Possibly from my niece who's 6 and had to see her father in Manchester (long story he's an idiot). My sister does a bit of the food shopping as well so that's also a possibility.

The track and Trace has been a joke. I got a message on the 12th of January saying to Isolate until the 5th of January.

• Like 2

On 12/24/2020 at 3:25 PM, monkeyseemonkeydo said:

I read a good post somewhere this morning that explained how the vaccine was designed and works which was quite interesting. They explained that the vaccine just contains some of the protein that exists on the cell walls of the virus and works by effectively training your own immune system to recognse and attack that protein so that if you come into contact with the virus in the future your immune system is already primed to tell it to f**k right off. If that's the case I'm certainly less bothered by the potential long term effects of it. Is that Jane's understanding of it @Ali C?

that is the idea of most vaccines, however this one is an RNA vaccine- something no humans have ever tested, nothing long term. Most vaccines have a lot of testing, years... to make sure they are safe. This one, just rushed out...I hope nothing bad happens! In America, so far one doctor has died after taking the moderna vaccine and I’ve seen 4 different folks have some crazy reactions where they can’t stop shaking.  Who knows what is real on here !  

Vaccine damage can come up 5-20 years later so... all I know is I will not be  taking it.  Unlike most Americans health has been my #1 priority for most of my 30s and I don’t eat fast food /cocacola etc. Last time I was sick for more than 24 hours has been four years.

I now live in the south of good old usa, at the grocery store almost no one has real food in their carts. 48 liters of pepsi and mountain dew, tons of frozen food dinners, tons of sara lee cake looking thing.. many cannot walk and have motorized carts. No one is educated about food, everyone eats fast food... super sad

• Like 1

On 1/14/2021 at 5:57 PM, AndyT said:

In America, so far one doctor has died after taking the moderna vaccine

...but not due to taking the vaccine as far as we know. When you're vaccinating millions of people, someone is going to die for a completely unrelated unknown illness.

Seems obvious to me that it's more risky to actually leave yourself open to covid and it's unknown long term effects than the possible long term effects of a vaccine.

• Like 2