Covid19

Davetrials

Wow that sound terrifying. Glad he's come out of the other side.

I went in for my vaccine on Friday and will be getting the 2nd in a couple of weeks. Had very mild symptoms, and a swore arm which is pretty much expected.

Edit rather than bumping up this thread, I wouldn't plan on doing anything after the 2nd shot, mild fever and chills, much worse headache than last time. Started about 18 hours and I can feel it come to an end now at about 32 hours.

Edited by JT!

• 1 month later...

Ok well i come back a few weeks later. No worthwhile replies to me, just faint echoes in a hope chamber.  I don’t even have facebook and have not in years, perhaps thats why I can use research and my own mind... not rely on blindly trusting those in charge- especially taking into account you are being experimented on (they say this, the experiment ends in 2023..) for a virus is definitely a strong cold, but will not kill you if you have paid any attention to your own personal health.  I know many 80+ and 90+ year old people who have had covid and are still here.   I know of one person who died from covid this past year, a cousins father in law- who was over 400 pounds and lived off of corn syrup and mcdonalds.  

So what has happened since I last posted? Two vaccines have been removed for being unsafe.  Astrazeneca and johnson and johnson. They aren’t being removed , just “paused” because of severe injuries and blood clots - 

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/15/europe/denmark-astrazeneca-vaccination-program-intl/index.html

https://www.euronews.com/2021/04/15/norway-should-stop-using-the-astrazeneca-vaccine-says-country-s-public-health-institute

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2021/04/19/johnson-johnson-covid-vaccine-emergent/

https://www.foxnews.com/health/georgia-site-fourth-pause-johnson-johnson-vaccine

These links are drops in an ocean - Use a search engine that gives you unbiased results. duckduckgo, everything is out there. Get many different sources. Look at the government data and make your own ideas. Vaccine injury groups in america and in europe. VAERS in the usa, it is a little confusing to search but it shows every injury/death and what the report leading up to death is.

This is just the beginning. I don’t want to be right. My father just passed away, he had the vaccine just before, I can’t say it killed him because I don’t have proof.   He was not healthy.

The CDC has a very low official death rate for covid19.  I would invite someone with covid to use my toothbrush and spit in my mouth before I would take this experimental mrna jab- which is technically NOT A VACCINE by definition.

JT- hope you are ok now, your story is echoed in most of the folks i know who got the experimental shot.  Ones who had the virus have a worse reaction. “Just your immune response!”

https://vaers.hhs.gov/

https://www.fda.gov/emergency-preparedness-and-response/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19/covid-19-vaccines

“They are experimental and have been approved by FDA and CDC via an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) but have not been fully tested”

Good luck, we all have a choice. I chose to be metabolically healthy and reject processed food years ago, the government does not have your best interests in mind. 

B7953EDC-0316-4A86-AEA9-B040DA7A2A8D.jpeg

B0062ABB-15B6-4257-8883-7456C288D158.jpeg

• Like 1

I don't feel quite as strongly as Andy above, but do agree on a lot of points.

Related to that here's some data from the ONS that feels a bit odd to me:

Average expected lifespan in the UK: 81.3

Average age of a UK death with Covid listed on the death certificate: 80.3.

I've held off voicing my opinion because I feel it doesn't quite sit with the general population but we're all friends here...I'm holding off from having any vaccine for as long as possible.

Now I don't consider myself a foil hat type...I think the vaccine is PROBABLY ok BUT as Andy has stated, it IS experimental treatment (by definition that's what it is). The government has stated you are unable to have any reimbursements for any negative effects from taking the vaccine. This means if you are allergic or any other negative discoveries are made from long term use (impotence, future offspring negative effects etc) you can't possibly sue or otherwise get any reimbursement.

I don't blame others for taking the vaccine and I'm certainly not an anti-vaxxer, I just don't feel comfortable taking something that hasn't had the same long term tests done that other (older) vaccines have.

I don't want it to be another Thalidomide scandal where a drug was passed on as being safe (in that case for pregnant women) only later to discover that it caused devastating defects with the babies.

So that's a pass from me   

• Like 2

So I had my first Pfizer jab a week past Friday... Earlier than expected which I assume is just because my local area's getting through people plenty quick.

To be fair I think I'd probably have been far more resistant to getting it if I didn't already have kids (and don't want any more...) but it sure will be interesting to see what happens down the road and how this part of history is documented 10 or 20 years from now.

One thing that I think I read on some foil that Facebook post that has stuck with me was something that took the stats of 'remember 1 in 3 people have COVID-19 without even knowing it' with a bracketed explaination that this means that those people are just healthy. I can't helkp feeling that the whole thing has been blown quite impressively out of proportion to the detriment of a huge amount (healthcare, education, economies etc.) while a select few (weirdly mostly related to high up Conservative politicians, go figure) have become incredibly rich off the back of it. Obviously that one's UK only but I'm sure it's happening around the globe in one way or another.

• Like 1

I had the astrazeneca last week, felt a bit grotty and achey the next day but nothing significant so far* :)

I'm fairly ambivalent about the vaccines, on one hand I'm a little wary about there being no long term testing like other more established vaccines, however historically I've had no significant side affects to any vaccine before and I'm not affected by any of the known issues that would prevent you having this particular jab (autoimmune respone, blood clotting disorder etc.).  The wife on the other hand does have a history of auto immune and clotting disorder so I suspect that she probably won't have it.

Same situation as Dave, I'm old, got kids already yadda yadda yadda.

*I did sprain my sacral facet joints on saturday and there's this buzzing in my head from the microchips and 5g but other than that....

I'm gonna take it when I get offered it. 

If you look on the British Heart Foundation website it states that ibuprofen is linked with 37.5 admissions to hospital for heart failure per 10,000 people which equals 3,750 per million. 

I'd say those numbers are considerably more worrying when people take ibuprofen and medicines containing it without thinking. 

Blood clots aren't a new problem and have been a massive killer for years (https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/dr-beverley-hunt/blood-clots-are-more-comm_b_12466180.html article last updated in 2017), I'd bet that every person who developed one probably brushed their teeth within 24hrs of it happening so its probably safer if we all stop brushing our teeth just in case.... 

3 hours ago, Ali C said:

I've held off voicing my opinion because I feel it doesn't quite sit with the general population but we're all friends here...I'm holding off from having any vaccine for as long as possible.

Now I don't consider myself a foil hat type...I think the vaccine is PROBABLY ok BUT as Andy has stated, it IS experimental treatment (by definition that's what it is). The government has stated you are unable to have any reimbursements for any negative effects from taking the vaccine. This means if you are allergic or any other negative discoveries are made from long term use (impotence, future offspring negative effects etc) you can't possibly sue or otherwise get any reimbursement.

I don't blame others for taking the vaccine and I'm certainly not an anti-vaxxer, I just don't feel comfortable taking something that hasn't had the same long term tests done that other (older) vaccines have.

I don't want it to be another Thalidomide scandal where a drug was passed on as being safe (in that case for pregnant women) only later to discover that it caused devastating defects with the babies.

So that's a pass from me   

Same thoughts here and also I don't feel I need it. If vulnerable folk and those that want it have it, I don't see an issue - for example, visiting my parents, my mum and stepdad and nan have all had it, so the only person at risk is me. I'm fine with that.

There's a weird social thing of "you're killing people", but realistically if everyone else has had it (vulnerable, elderly, unhealthy, those that want it...), it's not really an issue is it?

5 hours ago, AndyT said:

for a virus is definitely a strong cold

No, it's covid-19. I'm not sure what everyone's obsession is with trying to compare it to a cold or flu. We know what covid is now, we know how it can or can't affect people, we don't need to keep pretending it's just a "strong cold" or flu to try and downplay what it actually is.

5 hours ago, AndyT said:

but will not kill you if you have paid any attention to your own personal health.

Nope, simply disproven by all the healthy people that've died from it.

49 minutes ago, MadManMike said:

Same thoughts here and also I don't feel I need it. If vulnerable folk and those that want it have it, I don't see an issue - for example, visiting my parents, my mum and stepdad and nan have all had it, so the only person at risk is me. I'm fine with that.

There's a weird social thing of "you're killing people", but realistically if everyone else has had it (vulnerable, elderly, unhealthy, those that want it...), it's not really an issue is it?

It is still an issue because the highest success rate the best vaccine is 95%. It's high for a vaccine, but it's still a 1 in 20 shot. If you show up to nans and you're both vaccinated, that's a 1 in 400 shot you could have it, and pass it on to her. 1 in 20 if only one of you is vaccinated.

For me it's a numbers game. I think about how likely it is that I'm going to have long term health issues because of the vaccine, and compare that to all the negatives that come with not getting vaccinated, things like actually getting covid and feeling like death for 10 days, or getting it and being asymptomatic but potentially passing that onto someone. Or maybe even 2nd worst case scenario is getting covid and having long term health issues because of that. All these negatives are KNOWN issues that can happen. Where as the vaccine having long term health effects are either very very rare, if anything at all, anything else is just what, if, and maybe.

It's a no brainer for me personally. Although I absolutely think no one should be forced to have it, I say go get it, it's the lesser of two evils.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AndyT said:

JT- hope you are ok now, your story is echoed in most of the folks i know who got the experimental shot.  Ones who had the virus have a worse reaction. “Just your immune response!”

I'm great. It was a little bit worse than any cold I've ever had in my life, just without the runny nose and sore throat. I'd say I'd JUST be on that point of having to call into work, luckily I got my 2nd shot on Friday so I didn't work till Monday. Acetaminophen took care of the headache and slept really well that night. Woke up the next day with nothing but a swore arm. It seems that people who've already had covid have a reaction like that to the first short, and nothing on the 2nd. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm assuming by now that a lot of people on here have had their vaccine? How was your experience?

Here in the US the rates have plummeted, back below April 2020 levels. In our state of 5.6 million the new cases are down to just double digits per day which is really insane. Just about everything has gone back to normal. I think the only place where masks are required is on public transport. If you're vaccinated you're basically free to do whatever you want unmasked. I've noticed my face muscles are not used to all the fake smiling I have to do at work, but I'm sure that'll ease with time.

Had both AZ here, after the first I just felt as bit tired with an aching back, fine after a couple of paracetamol. Second jab didn't affect me at all :)

Mrs wife has had the first Pfizer only so far but that made her feel weird for a couple of days.

Just seen that a few European countries have instated a Covid passport scheme meaning you can’t travel to them without proof you’ve had both jabs.

pretty frustrating as I had no plans on taking the vaccine but I do need to go to Germany in September 

On 29/06/2021 at 6:20 AM, monkeyseemonkeydo said:

Double Pfizered here and only had a bit of a sore arm for the next day after each, nothing more. Cases are increasing rapidly though, @JT! Although hospitalisations and deaths etc. aren't currently following as previously.

Yeah, think that's the point of the vaccines in a way - even if you get it, it's much reduced compared to what it would have been. Seems to be tracking with the data coming out of the US.

Found out I've got my second Pfizer dose the Tuesday before we do our Big Move on the Saturday. Nic has hers on the Thursday. Hopefully those side effects will be minimal, not really looking forward to packing and moving anyway let alone doing it while living that side effect dream.

Had my second Pfizer 2 weeks ago. Just an achy arm and a bit tired for a couple of days with each dose ! Really wasn’t bad at all. Have had a few people I know get pretty bad for a couple of days so I was happy to have very mild side effects