Covid19

Davetrials

Lol

It was such a small case study that it was far from conclusive (fewer than 40 people if I remember correctly and 7 needed looking at closer). 

From other sources it seems similar to taking certain supplements, the body will stop producing certain things if it is being provided it from an outside source but when that source is taken away the body will return to producing its own (creatine for example). 

Hopefully this means easier travel in the future, especially if they get rid of Covid passports but I guess this might apply only to vaccinated people?

edit: apparently they’re thinking of scrapping vaccine passports by winter, I wonder if other countries will follow suit?

96A231BD-FA62-4B97-9399-96FE60FE4722.jpeg

Well both but especially catching it. 98% of people hospitalized with covid right now and unvaccinated. Honestly whenever I talk to someone who hasn't taken the vaccine I wonder that if they ever end up in hospital thinking they're dying, calling loved ones to say their goodbyes, I would ever regret not putting more effort into convincing them to get vaccinated.

36 minutes ago, JT! said:

Well both but especially catching it. 98% of people hospitalized with covid right now and unvaccinated. Honestly whenever I talk to someone who hasn't taken the vaccine I wonder that if they ever end up in hospital thinking they're dying, calling loved ones to say their goodbyes, I would ever regret not putting more effort into convincing them to get vaccinated.

I read somewhere (top research there Ali) that hospital case figures used both this years AND last years figures, this would obviously include the whole time people were unvaccinated. Take that with a pinch of salt unless I/you can find proof though.

I’ll totally come back and admit I was an idiot if I end up seriously ill, that hat will get eaten but until then I still don’t think it’s worth it personally. I’m not here to convince anyone to not take the vaccine, people can do what they like, this is how I personally feel about it.

• Like 2

It may be anecdotal but I have two relatives who work in hospitals. Word gets around, basically everyone in there with covid are unvaccinated.

But anyway.. https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/24/cdc-study-shows-unvaccinated-people-are-29-times-more-likely-to-be-hospitalized-with-covid.html study done between May and August.

Fair enough, I did think it would’ve been odd if they included last years stats too.

I had wondered if I had finally contracted Covid as I felt pretty rough yesterday but I’m confident it’s just a cold as I don’t have any of the symptoms so I’m just gonna see how it goes. I did hang out with someone who had a cold given to him by his young kid and then I was outside in the cold for a long time yesterday so I’m pretty sure it’s not Covid

No it’s the same here, there’s free kits that can be sent out and loads of centres you can go to, my issue is that they seem woefully inaccurate (I know lots of people who’ve tested positive while having zero symptoms). There are more accurate tests but I believe they cost around £70 (the type needed of you want to travel abroad).

2 hours ago, Adam@TartyBikes said:

Ha! 35-40% of people have been shown to be naturally asymptomatic, even without a Covid jab, due to already having suitable antibodies present. 

Isn't that basically what he's saying. Ali said he knows loads of people who've been tested positive for covid with no symptoms as an example of the test been inaccurate. But given that people do get asymptomatic covid, I don't see an issue with that.

Ali, just take the free test, if it comes back positive, you can buy the more accurate one, or not and just say home for a while to be safe. If it's free you have nothing to lose.

On 13/09/2021 at 2:19 PM, JT! said:

I know I said I wouldn't post in here any more but... couldn't help myself as I'm obviously quite passionate about this (more than I realised). Perhaps driven by a few recent experiences with friends, who have come to me with health issues and we've looked at what they eat. With a few changes we've made massive progress within a couple of weeks.

Anyway... Its weird how the US data appears to be so different to the UK (appreciate deaths and hospitalizations aren't the same thing, but a ~4 fold increase is wildly different to 29).

_120565364_optimised-deaths_by_vax_statu

Our Covid death numbers are still pretty insignificant compared with other diseases related to old age and obesity, even using the skewed "within 28 days of a positive test" thing (how many of the below 33 people got Covid while in hospital being treated for something else they were going to die of anyway?). Table from data on the ONS website. No idea why its included, Covid shouldn't even be on here as its meant to be a Top 10!

20210915_072157.thumb.jpg.e249de9aa5e5b13fdcc1ad37bf474350.jpg

I think I'll still take my chances on this one, given the relative and absolute likelihood of a transmissible health issue for myself and others (unless the next big thing will be that we all need to get a special experimental jab to prevent transmission of alzheimers :rolleyes:).

On a similar note, this morning I looked at some nutritional info for a pub we were due to go and eat at this weekend. I said a while back that i thought obesity was the real pandemic - I can now see why so many people are overweight / obese, and the ONS data shows that obesity related deaths kill far more than anything else (with plain old age still a firm second).

https://marstons-menu.azureedge.net//media/jbxjfynx/signature-may-launch-nutritionals-21.pdf

A relatively healthy-sounding vegetable soup starter, a veggie burger main, plus a dessert and 2 pints... that's a 3000+ calorie meal... gross.

We are missing a huge opportunity here to educate people about their lifestyle, allowing them to make better choices and keep themselves healthier for longer.

Prevention is always better than cure. In childcare for example, it has been shown that £9s worth of disruptive behaviour as an adult costs £1 of to rectify as a child.

Imagine what would happen - long term - if we spent all the money used in developing the Covid jab and cajoling people to take it, on food and lifestyle education instead? I would wager a huge amount more lives 'saved' (inverted commas because IMO you can't save a life, only prolong it, because we are all going to die sometime) and a better quality of life for longer too.

• Like 2