Covid19

Davetrials

Yep and in the usa they were giving lottery tickets away, free krispy kreme donuts, $100, free this... free that... Now its all about getting the children vaccinated (children have no issues w the virus) 5-11... yikes

Where I used to live- you cannot go into a restaurant unless you are vaccinated . You can’t got to a movie or a mall (who cares right) or have surgery etc... 

Where I live now- no one has even worn masks the entire past 18+ months. And nothing is different.  Really bizarre !! I was in small rooms with 300+ maskless people. Last May Right when it was pumping- lots of redneck trump supporters but they don’t get sick ?  I’ve known more people with issues after getting the vaccine than I’ve known who have gotten the virus... which is heralded at the same level as ebola... not sure about that one.

at least myocarditis is a well known word now

10 hours ago, AndyT said:

I was in small rooms with 300+ maskless people. Last May Right when it was pumping- lots of redneck trump supporters but they don’t get sick ?  I’ve known more people with issues after getting the vaccine than I’ve known who have gotten the virus... which is heralded at the same level as ebola... not sure about that one.

They do get sick.

There's two different ways to look at this. Your experience, or what's actually going on. My coworker told me the other day that 99% of the people in our city hospitals sick with covid right now are vaccinated. Obviously completely untrue, makes no sense and couldn't tell me how she learned of that information other than her sisters daughter works at one of the hospitals. But that's the only information she needs and all the other information out there is manipulated because "that's what they want you to think".

You know more people who've had issues with the vaccine than covid because you know more people who've had the vaccine than covid. This is why anecdotal evidence does nothing more than allow people to express their opinions as facts.

• Like 2

Why? 

people were locked down in entirety to protect themselves and others from the risks of covid. The risks for the unvaccinated haven’t changed, and with rising cases it puts people at significant risk with health services under more pressure etc…

The issue I have is that everyone's been whipped into a mass hysteria, the vaccine isn't showing to be all that effective with boosters, still being transmittable, still allowing people to get sick etc. You may argue that it lessens the chances of dying but I don't think there's any solid evidence the vaccine is solely the reason why that could be happening. As I've said earlier in this thread, viruses as they mutate become more suited to their host...at the start of the pandemic humans were new to the virus and potentially quite deadly but as time goes on it mutates into something that is still contagious but less deadly (that's what the virus wants, it wants the host to live and spread to new ones, a dead host isn't very useful). So rather than the vaccine being responsible for less severe cases it could just be that the virus itself is less deadly.

The vaccines also seem to have a 6 month lifespan (hence boosters)...are we going to be dependent on injections for the rest of our lives? 

And that's the next issue...no-one is being told that there's ANY alternatives than to take the vaccine. People are being put against each other and critical thinking seems to have gone out the window and even punished! 

I just see this lockdown for the unvaxxed as the next step in us relinquishing our rights and freedoms and I honestly think that having to defend this opinion is very worrying.

1 hour ago, Ali C said:

Oh definitely worse. I don't fully agree with the lockdowns we had but forcing people to isolate because they don't want to have a drug injected is so wrong. People with the vaccines can still get covid and still transmit it. 

They can, but transmission rates are lower in vaccinated people AND they are at massively reduced risk of being hospitalised or dying. 

I would be on board with it as long as they included those with natural response (had it and recovered with proof), end of the day - it’s a choice.

Everyone is locked down except those who can prove reduced risk…

19 minutes ago, manuel said:

I'm not sure where you would draw the line though.

Resting heart rate of under 50? BMI of under 23? Able to run 3 miles? Never go to the pub or a shopping centre?

All of these would be viable indicators of reduced risk compared with the average citizen, IMO.

34 minutes ago, manuel said:

And how does anyone do this? As has been accepted the vaccines aren’ta cure, they don’t fully protect you and there’s no proof they reduce symptoms…how can a vaccinated person prove they’re a reduced risk?

37 minutes ago, Adam@TartyBikes said:

I'm not sure where you would draw the line though.

Resting heart rate of under 50? BMI of under 23? Able to run 3 miles? Never go to the pub or a shopping centre?

All of these would be viable indicators of reduced risk compared with the average citizen, IMO.

line is drawn at an increased immune response to covid in your body. I get it, you could dig down waaay deeper into an individuals health I mean I’d happily make smokers have to have private health care, but this is an easy yes/no situation that would get results is doable and is fair. 

19 minutes ago, Ali C said:

And how does anyone do this? As has been accepted the vaccines aren’ta cure, they don’t fully protect you and there’s no proof they reduce symptoms…how can a vaccinated person prove they’re a reduced risk?

Because like it or not someone who is vaccinated has an increased immune responses to the virus. It’s not a cure no, it doesn’t fully protect you no, but it will reduce your risks of having to have medical treatment by a large amount and will also make it less likely you will pass it to someone else.

I am being a little devils advocate here, and  I know there are plenty of people who can’t have a vaccine and those people would be forced to lockdown, but at the point it’s required, those people will probably be shielding by medical advice anyway. 

I just think if it came to the point where we needed another lockdown, I’d be ok with it. Not that that’s going to happen now.

9 minutes ago, manuel said:

Because like it or not someone who is vaccinated has an increased immune responses to the virus. It’s not a cure no, it doesn’t fully protect you no, but it will reduce your risks of having to have medical treatment by a large amount and will also make it less likely you will pass it to someone else.

That’s arguable.

27 minutes ago, manuel said:

please explain, as the statistics are pretty clear.

that's what we're told but we've been told a lot of stuff haven't we. Are the stats clear? As has been said previously stats can be interpreted wildly and even have people use the same info to prove two opposing opinion. I suspect that the experts chosen to interpret the stats for the government are wildly bias at worst and premature at best. We're still early to be coming to any solid conclusions and anyone who says otherwise shouldn't be taken seriously.

As for the pill, I know nothing about it having only heard about it the other day. Will report back once I know more.

I disagree strongly with the opening statement. Peer reviewed science has shown these things. Vaccines reduce your chances of getting covid, reduce your chances of needing hospital treatment, and reduce the chance it is transmitted. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, manuel said:

I disagree strongly with the opening statement. Peer reviewed science has shown these things. Vaccines reduce your chances of getting covid, reduce your chances of needing hospital treatment, and reduce the chance it is transmitted. 

I can only agree, 13 people in our household and the only people to have had it have all not had vaccines

8 hours ago, manuel said:

But the percentages keep on changing, first it was “this vaccine has a 95% efficacy rate” then it dropped to 85%, then 70%, 60% etc. like I keep on saying, it’s too soon to come out with definitive results. I’m not denying it probably does have some short term help but when I weigh up the risks, effects and alternatives I just don’t see the vaccine as this “wonder drug” that the government and media have relentlessly rammed down our throats. 

16 minutes ago, isitafox said:

I can only agree, 13 people in our household and the only people to have had it have all not had vaccines

Out of interest, how severe were their symptoms? Did they all get I’ll after the vaccines were available or did some catch it before?