Covid19

Davetrials

12 hours ago, manuel said:

All I would say is the first paper is just someone interpreting and arguing for ivermectin in studies that have been completed elsewhere. Not an actual study. And the second is neither, I’ve no idea who the flcc are and really on what basis they operate. I’m open to the idea that ivermectin is effective, but yet to see a study that isn’t controversial or is widely accepted as conclusive.

The rest about vaccines- the statistics don’t support a lot of what you are saying.

As I said, things are there for whoever wants to see them. The links are the ones I had on hand and they serve as a sample, but there are thousands, like the one I gave you for the ivermectin that is peer-reviewed and published in a medical journal because of it's of interest to doctors. But if it's nothing to you, no problem. Of course you won't find anything like it if you only feed yourself informatively from Youtube, ig, fbk, twitter, bbc, cnn, msn, and all the media that carry the official narrative. Let us remember that this same study could not be published, for example, on IG without the account being suspended on the premise of false information about covid19 when it is clear that it is not false. But even so, people do not raise an alarm, it does not seem striking and they continue to believe. In any case, whoever wants to believe in the narrative is within their rights. Each one makes his own way of making decisions about his body. If someone to keep calm puts his health in the hands of politicians and pharmaceutical companies, let him do it. I only add that there was already a failed pandemic attempt in 2009 (Influenza A), but this time they did it right, a campaign of fear, isolation and unique science with persecution of anyone who says otherwise (for example in Livorno there is a doctor who treated to 3000 patients outside the protocol and was criminally prosecuted, but he cured the Mayor of the town and received support). The result is people that we still see driving alone in their vehicle with a mask... But there are many more behaviors that are not seen but that are nested there in people's heads. The panic that they unleashed when the lethality of all variants is 0.068%. (5,500,000 deaths in the world / 8,000,000,000 world population = 0.0006875). I leave the article on the flu scandal, it is in Spanish but it can be translated on any device.

https://www.elmundo.es/suplementos/cronica/2010/745/1264287607.html         Just to illustrated it!  :w00t:

There's never been a piece of research ever published that takes in to account 100% of the variables of what they're looking into. Sure, we might not have the specific vitamin D levels and social behavior etc of every covid case (And I bet if we did track all that people would complain it's a violation of privacy) but it wouldn't make enough of a difference IMO to hold anecdotal evidence of friends and family at a higher regard like madmanmike and others do

7 hours ago, Alyksett said:

There's never been a piece of research ever published that takes in to account 100% of the variables of what they're looking into.

Never?

These are pretty important variables that totally change how the results can be interpreted. 

Like javimic says, believe what you like, I’m not trying to convince you to change your mind but I’d like like people to understand why we might think differently and stop the aggression towards people who have decided not to get the jab.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Alyksett said:

"I do appreciate my social media circle isn't large enough to give solid proof, but I don't have access to a lab and 10,000 volunteers."

Fair enough, it would be great if there existed some publicly funded organization that had access to world tier labs and millions of cases to analyze the symptoms of Covid with/without the vaccine...

And then when these labs publish their findings you discredit it and say "We're just told that"... ?

Because a lot of the labs are linked to those making the vaccines - y'know, the people that want to sell it to make money?

Big pharma is about profit, so you can see why I might not trust everything they say?

19 hours ago, MadManMike said:

"We" don't know that though, we're just told that.

From my own experience, myself and other friends have had just the same level of suffering with Covid as friends and family that have had the vaccine. I know of loads of people that had it over Christmas and quite a few in the last three months and they've all felt a bit shit for 5-7 days, whether they had the vaccine or not (And they're not all my age, they're all ages right up to my nan who is 90). That's what is making me doubt the effectiveness. I do appreciate my social media circle isn't large enough to give solid proof, but I don't have access to a lab and 10,000 volunteers.

The guy from Pfizer said we'll probably need a fourth jab soon though - and he has no reason to try and push another vaccine, does he? :)

I think covid 19 and how we've dealt with it is one of the most heavily studied things in the last 2 years. You kind of make it sound like there's one vaccine only, and one study from the maker of that vaccine, which obviously isn't true. Why are you presenting it as such?

All studies clearly show that the vaccine prevents covid deaths, by massive margins. I'm not sure why you have such a staunch aversion to the scientific process when it comes to determining these things, and then just throwing out anecdotal evidence like everyone else in here who's questioning the vaccines safety and validity.

I've heard about Ali's girlfriend (fiancée?) dropping off Ivermectin at some guys doorstep and he was doing better the next day, I've heard about Adam's group of friends who all know someone who've had very serious effects after they took the vaccine, and now I'm hearing about your family and fiends and some vague casual comparison between those that are vaccinated and those that aren't. What exactly am I supposed to do with all that information? Why even bring it up?

18 hours ago, Ali C said:

But unless they have every variable covered how useful/accurate is it going to be? I’d guess that they’re not able to get every persons weight, vitamin D levels, general health, social behavior and viral load level, without these figures we can’t truly say what happened.

This is why studies use thousands of people, and run multiple of them. It means it's statistically impossible that, in a study of 4000 people, 2000 with an active drug, and the other 2000 with a placebo, that the half who're taking the active drug all just happen to be taking vitamin D supplements.

Obviously the results from any study are going to be the results of the average person tested. Sure, if you're young and fit such as yourself, you have very little to worry about when it comes to covid. And if you don't want to get vaccinated, that's your right. But the problem people have isn't with people choosing not to get vaccinated, it's all this right here. Spreading doubt, suggesting other methods, conspiracy theories, anecdotal evidence and just pedaling nonsense. That's where the hostility comes in.

18 hours ago, Ali C said:

but I’m yet to get Covid and as always I’m willing to eat my hat if I have a seriously bad time when I get it.

Well, you've been ill since 2019 and you didn't get tested so you don't know that for sure right?

I’ve taken a single lateral flow test since 2019, I took it because I had cold-like symptoms and seeing as the test was negative and I didn’t have any Covid symptoms I figured I just had a cold. If I had Covid and didn’t know then I’d be even more annoyed at all the fear and restrictions 

I typed a big paragraph just now as a response but sod it, I’m just repeating what I’ve said throughout this topic.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JT! said:

I think covid 19 and how we've dealt with it is one of the most heavily studied things in the last 2 years. You kind of make it sound like there's one vaccine only, and one study from the maker of that vaccine, which obviously isn't true. Why are you presenting it as such?

All studies clearly show that the vaccine prevents covid deaths, by massive margins. I'm not sure why you have such a staunch aversion to the scientific process when it comes to determining these things, and then just throwing out anecdotal evidence like everyone else in here who's questioning the vaccines safety and validity.

I've heard about Ali's girlfriend (fiancée?) dropping off Ivermectin at some guys doorstep and he was doing better the next day, I've heard about Adam's group of friends who all know someone who've had very serious effects after they took the vaccine, and now I'm hearing about your family and fiends and some vague casual comparison between those that are vaccinated and those that aren't. What exactly am I supposed to do with all that information? Why even bring it up?

I'm presenting it as one vaccine because I'm talking about people that have had "it" - I don't know which one, but I'm saying everyone I know has been a bit rough for 5-7 days, regardless of vaccine.

And I mentioned Pfizer because that was an interview I saw recently.

It's all just my opinion anyway, based on what I've seen first hand.

On 3/20/2022 at 10:51 PM, javimic said:

As I said, things are there for whoever wants to see them. The links are the ones I had on hand and they serve as a sample, but there are thousands, like the one I gave you for the ivermectin that is peer-reviewed and published in a medical journal because of it's of interest to doctors. But if it's nothing to you, no problem. Of course you won't find anything like it if you only feed yourself informatively from Youtube, ig, fbk, twitter, bbc, cnn, msn, and all the media that carry the official narrative. 

:laugh:

4 hours ago, javimic said:

You're exponentially more likely to die from covid the older you are. The older you are the more likely you are to get vaccinated, and the more likely you are to get boosted too.

What they're trying to show in this article is that the vaccine actually has a negative affect. That's simply not true. What is being shown here is that older people are still more likely to die than younger people even if they're vaccinated.

Very dishonest article. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

It appears I have covid.

I work retail so it was bound to happen sooner or later. Went to work feeling not so great but did an at home test that morning and it was negative, did 2 when I got back home after leaving early and they were both positive. Coworkers are all bitchy now because I came to work with covid as if I knew about it. Ironically the only reason one of them is working with us is because he got fired from his old job for coming to work knowing he had covid. He denies it, but it's probably true.

I'm feeling about the same as having a regular cold so I may get off lucky.

Seems to be a small surge in the UK too, a few people I know had it recently too. I Hope you recover quickly!

I'm still expecting to get it at some point. I was at a show yesterday literally shoulder-to-shoulder with hundreds of other people plus kids giving high fives and stuff...if I'm ever going to catch it it's at something like this! 

• Like 1

On the 4th day now and I think I'm past the worst of it.

Been pretty much the same as a particularly bad cold. The worst thing is the painful swallowing.

In home tests seem very accurate, my wife has no symptoms and is testing negative... somehow she hasn't caught it from me!

14 hours ago, AdamR28 said:

Weird how this has gone under the radar: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-61885899

Or maybe not...

That's either weirdly written or she is totally just after cash... She doesn't even seem to bother with the 'no amount of money will ever fill the hole he's left buuuuut...' bit, just 'GIVE ME MORE MONEY BITCHES!'.

• Like 1