Planet X Zebdi

Heatsink

Hi all,

I found this at the back of the shed. A nice little project to get it built up again and get in contact with the olden days, circa 2004!

It's going to have a modest disc set-up. Still undecided about the drivetrain set-up. I do like to actually get around from A to B so it may have the sacrilege of gearing. Brace yourselves for it possibly not being historically correct, but rather in a form where it actually gets more use!

Steve

PlanetX22-04-20.JPG

• Like 12

Careful with a disc on the rear on those; hopefully 'modest' will suffice. Better off with V brakes in the rear. Should be a fun project. My Zebdi was stolen 12 years ago and I've so far resisted a few that have crossed my path since. Good luck!

Edited by Swoofty
  • Like 1

I've been busy....The aim was to build it in a form that it'll get maximum use. In a pure Trials spec it'll just sit in the shed! So here we have, 10 speed Shimano Zee mech & shfter, 40t front chainring on RaceFace cranks, Wellgo Magnesium pedals, some modest Shimano MT-200 disc brakes.

Now it can be used for some modest trials action, wheelies, and can be ridden between the Suffolk villages to spread the gospel of Trials!

PlanetX.JPG

• Like 7

Rode the bike to the local town this evening for a trip back in time, mucking about on it in the town centre. Deserted so ideal!

The wheelies are coming back! I think they give me more joy than some of the pure trials moves. 

wheelie.jpg

IMG_1956.JPG

• Like 5

• 3 months later...
On 24/04/2020 at 4:06 PM, grant wildman said:

MK5 frame I believe. Loved my one of these. 

Me too... although the BB had a habit of coming off these frames... once my pedals hit the floor whilst dropping off an up to rail gap... made the move but as i landed the bb cranks etc pedals hit the floor... both seatstays had snapped as had the downtube weld to the bb... 

Found I still had my old black and red mk 4... need to get my rear chris king serviced and some wheels built at some point... anyone have cd 521s unused? lol

17 hours ago, Grant Peters said:

Me too... although the BB had a habit of coming off these frames... once my pedals hit the floor whilst dropping off an up to rail gap... made the move but as i landed the bb cranks etc pedals hit the floor... both seatstays had snapped as had the downtube weld to the bb... 

Found I still had my old black and red mk 4... need to get my rear chris king serviced and some wheels built at some point... anyone have cd 521s unused? lol

I've some x517CD's off my MsIsle? They're currently chillin on eBay.