Chain got stuck between crank and frame...

JT!

How do I stop this from happening? Converted to a 1x up front from a 3x is why this issue exists.

It never falls off when I'm riding, it got knocked off when I was getting it out of the car. But it gets so stuck I have to pull the crank off to get at it.

IMG_20200520_061713.jpg

Yeah it never comes off when riding, it's juts happened once or twice when I'm working on it or transporting it. It wouldn't be a big deal if it didn't immediately drop into that gap and become impossible to remove. 

Could you fashion some sort of collar to go around the BB axle or existing spacer? Just to stop it getting wedged right down the gap.

Is your chainline bad? Does it come off in transport because you've left it in the lowest gear, so it's more inclined to pop off that side?

On 5/20/2020 at 8:00 AM, aener said:

Could you fashion some sort of collar to go around the BB axle or existing spacer? Just to stop it getting wedged right down the gap.

Is your chainline bad? Does it come off in transport because you've left it in the lowest gear, so it's more inclined to pop off that side?

It got knocked off in the back of the car because it was pushed against some folded down seats. But yeah it could have been in it's lowest gear.

I think i might just screw in the bolts that used to hold the small chainring on that might do the trick.