Brand new to trials

Hello all, 

I'm brand new to trials, just fancied giving it a bash and managed to get a frame and few parts from a friend as a wee project, but I literally have no clue where to start. I have an Onza T-comp frame with 20" wheels. I need to get a stem, maybe a headset?, bars, grips, complete brake set up, tubes, a tyre, and a chain. I have no idea about sizes or what type of any of these parts I need to get to fit the frame I have. If anyone could give any pointers that would be much appreciated. Here's some pictures of what I have. 

Cheers, Sean 

20200531_190733.jpg

20200531_190811.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Your headset is probably ok unless the bearings have crumbled into dust, which is unlikely. Your wheels are rim brake only so you will need rim brakes, Magura HS33 are what you want. Your forks can take a disc brake but you would need a new front wheel or just the hub (if you know how to build a wheel) to take a disc rotor. Your frame is rim brake only though. The wheels are 20" front and 19" rear so those are the tyre sizes you need. You want a fairly long steep stem for a 20" bike, maybe 150-180mm with 25-35 degree angle, the length will depend how tall you are, you can then play around with stem spacers and a riser bar to get the bike to fit you better. Hope this gets you started.

Edited by richardmid1