Ross Clayton - loosening up in lockdown

Rossy

That's not what he said though. I can fully understand someone enjoying riding a comp style bike instead of an inspired, I absolutely don't have an issue with someone's preference of bike. The issue is having a preference and then looking down upon/mocking the other style (which he did). It reinforces a split between riding style when there absolutely doesn't need to be one, bikes are good, saddle or no saddle, brakes or no brakes 24" or 26".

Advanced issue found

26 minutes ago, Ali C said:

bikes are good, saddle or no saddle, brakes or no brakes 24" or 26".

Not those 20" setups though. Bloody perverts.

Clearly this is tongue in cheek. I should probably make that clear for the children.

• Like 6

17 hours ago, Ali C said:

That's not what he said though. I can fully understand someone enjoying riding a comp style bike instead of an inspired, I absolutely don't have an issue with someone's preference of bike. The issue is having a preference and then looking down upon/mocking the other style (which he did). It reinforces a split between riding style when there absolutely doesn't need to be one, bikes are good, saddle or no saddle, brakes or no brakes 24" or 26".

Please read my post again. I did not look down on 24inch BMX... I don't fancy them and I am happy to see some still ride pure trials on here. End of

2 hours ago, Canardweb said:

Please read my post again. I did not look down on 24inch BMX... 

Well that's not true, otherwise you wouldn't refer to it as a 24" BMX, which it clearly isn't. So either you're just niaive and need to be educated or your intentionally being obtuse to get a reaction. Based on your attitude over the years to anything other than a long low silver comp trials bike, i would say it's probably the latter.

Sweet vid!

9 hours ago, craigjames said:

Well that's not true, otherwise you wouldn't refer to it as a 24" BMX, which it clearly isn't. So either you're just niaive and need to be educated or your intentionally being obtuse to get a reaction. Based on your attitude over the years to anything other than a long low silver comp trials bike, i would say it's probably the latter.

Sweet vid!

Wow, I don't get it...these things people ride are 24" BMX with lower handlebars... I am not looking down on it! It's just what it looks like and how people ride it. No need to use any kind of reverse psychology based on how I behave here 10 years ago. But since you seem to know what I meant better than I do, then please forget it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ali C said:

What were the bikes we used to compete on back in the day? They had 26" wheels and a seat (almost identical to my Hex), were they 26" BMXs with seats or trials bikes?

They were just shit mate! Trials or whatever you want to call it has come along way in the last 20 years! 

Edited by Rossy
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Ali C said:

What were the bikes we used to compete on back in the day? They had 26" wheels and a seat (almost identical to my Hex), were they 26" BMXs with seats or trials bikes?

You have a point there. But the way bikes were doesn't define how people ride it. Back in the day, people ride pure trials on these, now it's much more streetier with rotations, etc... And I am not keen on that

• Like 1

Nice riding, enjoyed that! :)

4 hours ago, Canardweb said:

But the way bikes were doesn't define how people ride it.

But it does now? :D Or are you saying that this discussion was pointless?

sorry, really couldn't help myself

Edited by Topsy

4 hours ago, Canardweb said:

You have a point there. But the way bikes were doesn't define how people ride it. Back in the day, people ride pure trials on these, now it's much more streetier with rotations, etc... And I am not keen on that

You know what, I also agree with you to some extent, I love the flow and creativity riding street gives BUT I do think most young riders are concentrating more on footjam whips on 2ft high walls than actually exploring the trials aspect.

however that’s not the bike that determines that, street trials bikes are still very capable trials bikes of the rider chooses to. 

2 hours ago, Ali C said:

You know what, I also agree with you to some extent, I love the flow and creativity riding street gives BUT I do think most young riders are concentrating more on footjam whips on 2ft high walls than actually exploring the trials aspect.

however that’s not the bike that determines that, street trials bikes are still very capable trials bikes of the rider chooses to. 

I agree.