Is there such a thing as too much chain wrap?

isitafox

Got the 24 built up and the chain keep skipping under power. 

I thought it was the old freewheel maybe so replaced that with a new one but it still skips so I'm assuming its something to do with the rear end. 

As I've never run a tensioner before I'm not 100% on the setup so is this wrong? 

Have I got too much chain wrap on the rear sprocket as that's the only thing I can put it down to?? 

15916398147942078831535958112122.thumb.jpg.e2990fe5fc3de9f612de9493dac327ae.jpg

17 minutes ago, Adam@TartyBikes said:

Does it skip when 'stabbing' at the pedals or when you are continuously pedalling for a few rotations?

When pedalling. I can back hop about (nothing powerful) no problem but especially if I pedal up a hill it skips loads

Chain and sprocket the same chain pitch? There's 1/32, 1/8 and a couple of others, I bought a ss sprocket once which was one of the others, it was incompatible with the chain, it had really tall teeth.

Is it a worn sprocket and a new chain?

Clears the tensioner at all points? 

Edited by LEON

On 09/06/2020 at 3:59 PM, LEON said:

Chain and sprocket the same chain pitch? There's 1/32, 1/8 and a couple of others, I bought a ss sprocket once which was one of the others, it was incompatible with the chain, it had really tall teeth.

Is it a worn sprocket and a new chain?

Clears the tensioner at all points? 

Definitely some incompatibility there with the chain and sprocket I think.

Took an extra link out and all seems to be well. Was f**king hard work to reconnect as the tensioner is so tight but I managed just..... 

Got some brand new 13+14t sprockets to try in future if its possible to remove the one fitted. Hopefully once the chain is bedded in I can fit the 13 without a tensioner.