Removing old ISIS BB from mountain bike

Deonn h

Hello, haven’t posted on here for a while but just a quick one if anyone could help.

trying to remove replace an old BB from my mountain bike without any luck. I’ve taken off the lock ring however it does not seem to budge.  I’ve attached a couple of pictures. Would I need to remove what looks to be a cover? From the opposite side of the lock ring?

cheers

5201D5C1-B3F1-44FE-B4CC-297B8AC78B8A.jpeg

3B88493E-0746-4DE9-A548-8BE04F2FC709.jpeg

2 hours ago, Mikee said:

Yes, the other side needs to be unscrewed as well. Drive side is opposite thread (clockwise to loosen).

Cheers that’s what I suspected, but looking at it from this side, it looks like it’s wedged in with on no way of unscrewing that side? Not sure if that’s just a cover to pull off possibly. I thought the silver bit above looked to be part of the frame it’s self which is what is confusing me, but now I’m thinking it’s where it’s just worn away from the chain coming off. I’ve attached a pic but I’ll have another look.

thanks

A88A4819-9C31-4806-82FF-ADECB8A5D37E.jpeg

Edited by Deonn h

If the tool doesn't work, hammer and chisel / fat screwdriver should get it loose enough to get the tool to work... I had to do it on an old jump bike years ago, a few taps to get it going, then the tool for the rest of the way.

Also, a little squirt of PlusGas might free it up too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mikee said:

It has definitely been worn away. Those groves might still be deep enough to undo it with the correct tool, if you are careful.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cycle-Bottom-Bracket-removal-tool-for-Truvativ-ISIS/142737280206?epid=1062451980&hash=item213bce0cce:g:k~QAAOSwYq5baxiv

Just had a pair of mould grips on it straight off

Thanks all sorted!

Edited by Deonn h