Koxx level boss mixed era build

swill

Got this in the last few days and set about building it up. Need to shim the front brake and fit the bars and stem when I pick them up from my parents house as well as get a new Isis bottom bracket.

Anyone got any idea which koxx level boss frame this is? Looking  quickly with my Mrs sewing box tape the wheelbase looks to be 1060 with fatty forks on, and BB rise approximately +5mm.

The rear tyre is a squeeze but the 2.4 Ardent seems to fit ok so far

Will add more pics as it becomes more built up/finished...

15919095056407020141238982078011.jpg

Edited by swill
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Well I've now got hold of my bars and stem and had a few hops in the garden on it. Feels quite surprisingly ok with the bars at the same angle they were on my previous frame which I expected to need to move. However after a few hops in the garden riding it feels much better than I expected given that I've gone backwards in terms of geo progression.

Anyway here is how it looks untill I get a new Isis BB and my other cranks on it so these can go back on the mod. The cranks on it ATM are square taper 165mms (from my mod) and have stood the test of time and though I don't ride much any more have had years of abuse and still stiff and awesome.

IMG_20200627_211026.jpg

Must admit I have now swapped the Ardent for a Holly roller. Though there's not much between the two the ardent is a huge 2.4 whereas the roller is 2.3 but much much smaller. Thinking I may have to take some tread off of it but seems a shame to waste it...

IMG_20200627_211149.jpg

Edited by swill
Duplicate image
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...