ESI Grips: how do you like them?

Sam Song

I have been using Trialtech foams for the longest time; and the current ones I have need replacing. 

I wanted to try something new, and been looking at ESI grips. https://esigrips.com/mtb-grips

I have narrowed it down to either Chunky (32mm installed diameter) and Racers Edge (30mm diameter). Has any of you tried these grips?

My hands are average sized (medium glove size), and I will be using them with Jitsie gloves. 

I'll chime in because I'm using the ESI Extra Chunkys. I haven't tried the Trialtech's so I can't do a direct comparison to those. 

I like a thicker grip because I feel like I can relax the grip more. As the grip gets thinner, I feel like I need to try really hard with my thumb to get a good hold. I use the ODI Rogues on my mountain bike. That's why I chose the Extra Chunkys instead of just the Chunky. Although, it sounds like most people here prefer a slimmer grip. 

They went on super easy with some Isopropyl and they haven't moved yet despite a few crashes into dirt and gravel. They seem to hold on to the bar pretty tight. After the first couple days, I was a little concerned about their longevity because I was seeing tiny little tears all over.  The tears are really tiny. After another month, I'm seeing a couple more of those tears, but they don't seem to be propagating at all. I find them super comfortable and they provide really good grip with gloves. Without gloves the grip is really good until my palms get really sweaty. It's been humid so that's been happening a lot lately. 

I don't have a long term review, as I've only had them a few weeks. I'd be really interested to see the comparison to the Trialtech as I'm loving these foam grips. 

I used to have LizardSkin DSP - an alternative to the ESI. Nice the first weeks/months but after some riding, the form changed and the foam was really thin at the end of the grips, so that they were not longer comfy: I changed them for PRO dual lock. Not sure this will happen with the ESI.

At the Eurobike I saw some nice grips from ODI: F-1 SERIES VAPOR GRIPS. I loved the feeling (could not really test them though), but there is no lock on merchanism :-( Maybe glue them?