Brake alignment issues

Karlos28

Hi all,

I have what I think is an onza T-Bird (frame was raw when I bought it.. there seems to be many other brands putting their stickers on the same frame...) As a bit of a project to get me into trials.

Long story short, I set the bike up and was riding it briefly, but the rear axle was way back right at the end of the drop outs, I wasn't comfortable with it so I whipped a link out of the chain. Now it tensions up great and is sat slap bang in the middle of the drop out. Ace. Then I came to set my (V) brake up and see pic below....

Tried to adjust every-which way possible and nothing seems to work, the pad will only reach about 50% contact with the rim...

Someone on the trials rise s Facebook page has suggested that it maybe a 20" wheel when it should be a 19" wheel... Makes a lot of sense.. especially when I recall sanding the paint off the rim as it appeared to be unused (NOS??) I measured (as best I could) the rim, and I get about 42cm ish... Same as the front..

Can anyone shed any light? Or help me out with a 19" rear wheel if that's the case!?

IMG_20200618_121621.jpg

If you can lace it up yourself why not just replace the rim?

Though if you have to pay to have it built up it may work out cheaper to grab a second hand wheel maybe off here or ebay.

Don't forget you'll need a smaller tyre too. Though you never know a wheel with tyre may pop up on here as it does often happen.

I was very tempted to do that (if I take to trials I think I will) as I have always fancied having a go at building a wheel, something I have never done.

I have found a mission project for cheap, not sure on hubsbut has https://www.tartybikes.co.uk/19_inch_rims/alex_dx32_19_inch/c517p10649.html?pos=0&search_params=YTo3OntzOjEyOiJjYXRlZ29yeV9pZHMiO2E6MTp7aTowO3M6MzoiNTE3Ijt9czoxNjoiY2F0ZWdvcnlfcmVjdXJzZSI7YjoxO3M6ODoia2V5d29yZHMiO3M6MDoiIjtzOjk6ImJyYW5kX2lkcyI7TjtzOjQ6Im1vZGUiO3M6MzoiYWxsIjtzOjQ6InNvcnQiO3M6OToicHJpY2VfYXNjIjtzOjEwOiJjb3VudHJ5X2lkIjtzOjE6IjEiO30%3D

These rims... Tarty sell them, so they can't be too bad.

I get both wheels and tyres plus I need a couple of other bits off the bike too so worked out cheap, will try and sell whats left after too.