Low - Mid Rise Bars Help

Brettoll

Hello!

Looking for a bit of advice - been changing the Ashton to make it that little more perfect and I have just sold the Inspired's I was running as it felt too high at the front end.

Remembering my old build I had a set of risers probably around 60mm rise, but they don't seem to exist anymore..

Anyone running different / non-trials bars that would work?

TIA,

Brett

I've got two sets of Nukeproof Warhead (now called horizon I think) on bikes, one being the inspired. They were listed 38mm rise, 6 up 9 back 760mm width, double butted alu, 280g uncut. Mine are cut 730 & 735mm and rolled so the backsweep verges on upsweep and I think at that they'd be about the 60mm 'tip to tip' total rise you are quoting. 

Both sets bought new in 2013 and 2014, no qualms. Anodizing doesn't like cable rub or stuff fretting against it is 'bout all that comes to mind. My Answer DH 780 are worse.

Did you have something like Trialtech standards /not the TT high rise before? The Nukeproofs feel 'flatter' thus lower compared to TT std.

I have some quite scratty raw'd V!Z PRO 720's being an ornament. They are like TT std but 20mm narrower and 11 up 10 back opposed to 10 by 10.

You wan' em?

• Like 1

Not too sure but I think I bought some rockman carbon bars from you some time ago. I sold them to a guy who’s now selling them again. I know with carbon bars you need to be careful as they get weaker with time but those seemed to hold pretty well and if they were in fact yours I can link you up to the guy?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DYAKOV said:

Not too sure but I think I bought some rockman carbon bars from you some time ago. I sold them to a guy who’s now selling them again. I know with carbon bars you need to be careful as they get weaker with time but those seemed to hold pretty well and if they were in fact yours I can link you up to the guy?

It wouldn't surprise me - I have run a number of carbon bars in the past. I have actually invested in a set of low rise MTB carbons from Selcof to give them a try out.. if they don't work will stick them on the MTB and try a set of trials specific ones