Hope pro 4 ss trials and stripped ratchet ring thread

andrey-p

Did anyone have a problem with the stripped thread for ratchet ring in hub body? I have broken two hubs in less than three years. So the problem is in this hub model or am I doing something wrong?

I ride street trials and use 22:16-15 ratio.

Does pro2 evo have a different ratchet ring mount thread?

• Like 1

I've heard of a few people having this issue, but it's definitely not what you'd call common.
I don't have any advice on what might be happening, but just to let you know you're not the only person ever, at least, but most people use them with no such issue.

• Like 1

i'm afraid i've had this problem, i switched back to my pro2 which has been going for years. pro4 just stripped out randomly. was really strange. gave no indication it was going. I literally have breadsticks for legs, so i wouldn't say youre the problem, but the hub. I rang Hope and theyre aware of the issue, but wouldn't replace it or even sell me a hubshell. was a bit of a bummer.

Edited by Herbertlemon102
  • Like 1

I had a pro4 do this it was just after (like 2 rides after) the ratchet ring had been replaced by hope cos the pawls had chipped and mangled the ratchet ring teeth they changed the hub shell for me my hub sometimes misses a tooth / skips under low load like when I set up for something as opposed to putting the power (of which I havent much of) down

As for the thread on a 2 vs a 4 the ratchet ring is a larger diameter on a 4 I belive so they can put more teeth in there

Edited by Sandbugg
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi had the same problem on my pro4...sendt it back to Hope, and they fixed it...3 month later and now it skipps once in a while...changed pawls two times as they got crused. My pro2 just runs 10+years no problem...frustrating but have to get this sorted again.