HS33 options

Sunp_slammer

Hello, I recently bought a secondhand trials bike and the brakes were pretty poor. So bleed them out. The older hs33 on the front is like a new brake now, no more spongy feeling all the air has gone. The rear on the other hand went terribly wrong, due to my ham fisted heavy handed approach. Unfortunately I didnt clock the master cylinder was the newer style and is made of plastic, so unfortunaltly I have destroyed the bleed scree and to be honest I think ive recked the threads trying to get it out in anger.

So now you have my back story, my question is what options do I have for brake levers? The older style metal hs33 levers seem fairly thin out in the sales areas and to be honest I dont want to spend out on a whole brake setup. What other levers would work with the standard hs33 brake unions?  

You can get just levers new: https://www.tartybikes.co.uk/rim_brake_levers/c557.html 

If you stick something in the wanted section I'm sure someone will have something you could use though... Magura spares tend to be something that tend to just naturally accumulate in a trials riders parts bin!

That's so annoying pal, i feel your pain!

After so many years of riding Id say it's Worth spending and getting some up to date hydraulic discs.

Old mag's were always a pain in the backside for me. There are plenty of better options these days that from experience seem to last longer but that could just be me.

Back in the day We had to use sticky tar from the roads on our rims to get anything decent out of Magura most of the time. It was a great hack though to be honest!

Like monkey said If you're desperate people do tend to have loads of spares knocking around not doing anything. Mine got stolen recently unfortunately or I would have offered them to you for free.

Good luck though!

Cheers for the reply's chaps. I sat back down, had a cup of coffee and ranted on here about my stupidity and went back to manage to save the lever. Now just waiting on a replacement bleed screw to arrive. 

@DanBodell I remember the tar trick when I was a kid. All the other riders had some awesome tar. I could never find a ripe piece. But I remember a mate of mine put a little too much on my rim once and the brake getting stuck on as I was about to drop. Sent me into a nose dive haha.

@monkeyseemonkeydo Cheers for the pointer, I may still tap up the wanted section to try and fet some adaptors to run them on my newer 24inch trials bike.