Rainforest and the Pacific

PeterH

Certainly not the UK, but here's a quick edit I made over the weekend in the Pacific Northwest. I was short on time to get clips so they are a lot less polished than I would like, but I think you get the idea of what a wild area it is for trials.

• Like 7

I am doing well Tonkery, and riding about as well as I have in a long time. That is indeed my daughter in the background, what a far cry from OTN this is in that I can put this pic up of her and not fear horrible responses. I think she was just a year or two old the last time we hung out.

Z tree.JPG

Edited by PeterH
  • Like 1

Congratulations Pete !!! Beautiful kid. I’ve just got four dogs, couple hundred chickens and other birds, other farm animals now ... If you ever end up in western north carolina come on by, slowly building trails in the woods... plenty of wet logs to ride 

4 hours ago, AndyT said:

Congratulations Pete !!! Beautiful kid. I’ve just got four dogs, couple hundred chickens and other birds, other farm animals now ... If you ever end up in western north carolina come on by, slowly building trails in the woods... plenty of wet logs to ride 

Andy, are you in NC now?  I thought you were in Calli?  I've been in Durham for a few years now.

• Like 1

On 8/10/2020 at 2:14 PM, PeterH said:

What part of western NC? I love it there and if the world cooperates hope to visit a cousin in Boone next summer.

In burnsville, a sleepy lil redneck town... bout 40 minutes north east of asheville, our local metropolis. Boon is an 1.5 hr drive or so east of us

Any and all please come on by, I’ve got the beginnings of a single track in the woods.. and plenty of pallets in the barn.  Goats, chickens, ducks, dogs, guineafowl, rabbits- its the opposite of los angeles :) plenty of clean air and water, 30 pounds of veggies out the garden every couple of days.  Not much time for riding, and it is a rainforest so my main enemy of wet logs is now my only friend... Pigs and cows in 2021.

@cwtrials I had to get out of California for obvious reasons, it is an incredible state with amazing nature but a lot of idiotic human beings, government and it is $$$$...  I got a 20 acre mountain farm for 1/3 the price of a gnarly one bedroom condo near where i used to live... I’m locked down at the farm , much work to do every day, attempting the live off the land and produce everything I need here... someday I will be able to travel again - may be years before I ride trials in a city. Hope you are well!!