Rattlesnake

aener

With all the new riders about at the minute, I got asked what me riding with brakes was like quite a few times.
A few weeks ago this gave me the urge to dust the Cannibal off (regrettably literally) and give it a blast.
These are some clips from the past five or six rides. I was going to film for longer, but now I miss the Alias and I'm fed up of brake problems already, so I think that'll be enough 26" action for a while.

It's kind of weird that front-wheel stuff is the one thing I really miss about brakes, but there's basically none in these clips. Meh.

• Like 16

#bringbacktaps

That was great! Seems most seatless trials riders these days have pretty comp style set ups and concentrate on single moves rather than linking stuff together (I'm guilty of this on my latest Echo build) so it was really cool to see you ride like people used to and to a high level too (especially when you're on a bike bigger than you're used to). Good work :) 

7 hours ago, Ali C said:

#bringbacktaps

That was great! Seems most seatless trials riders these days have pretty comp style set ups and concentrate on single moves rather than linking stuff together (I'm guilty of this on my latest Echo build) so it was really cool to see you ride like people used to and to a high level too (especially when you're on a bike bigger than you're used to). Good work :) 

#bringBackAliOnXS26 ;)
Re-found this and this the other day. Makes me want to keep at it with the stock - riding in that era was so cool! But I just love the versatility of the Alias too much to leave it.

Thanks!

21 hours ago, Ross McArthur said:

What sort of brake problems were you having? 

Lever seal - replaced with '04.
Slave seal - replaced.
TPA - replaced.
Other slave seal - replaced.
'04 lever seal - gave up.

Didn't have a bleed kit so every fix required a bath bleed.

I used a vee way-back-when but the bike came with a Magura. Would very much jump back to a vee, but I'm not interested enough (or employed enough :lol: ) to spend the money on one.

Thanks though! Cobbled bank was super tough at first. I can barely pull the front end up on that thing. No idea how people used to bunnyhop the barges.

Edited by aener
  • Like 1

This feels like a no brainer, Tarty should float you one of the trialtech levers (which have been great for me) and they should do one of those "worlds most interesting man" adds: Flipp doesn't often ride brakes, but when he does its Trialtech from Tarty. And then everyone gets rich.

• Like 2