Laser printer / scanner recommendations?

Greetings

Looking for recommendations for a good office printer / scanner / copier. It seems Ricoh is a common choice with a lot of used machines around the £400 - £600 mark. Has anyone on here used one for an extended period of time and can give an idea about how it performs in terms of reliability / maintenance? 

Alternatively, are the cheapo sub £400 devices from Brothers, Epson, HP worth a look? My output is around 300 - 800 pages a month so not a lot but using an inkjet printer and manual scanner has become a significant nuisance in recent months.

Is there anything else to consider besides toner prices? I'm worried that upping the game with a "professional" device will result in significant maintenance costs despite limited use. 

• 3 months later...

We have a ricoh aficio mpc3004 in the office and it's been very good, perhaps a little overkill for what you need though.

Have you looked into the hp instant ink setup? We use it at home (homeschooling uses quite a lot of printing resources) and it's a hell of a lot cheaper than buying regular inkjet cartridges. Even if the printer itself dies after a year, that's only a 50 quid outlay to replace. For reference we were paying about 8 quid a month for 300 pages with a roll over allowance, have since cut it down to 3.50 a month.

Edited by forteh

They do rollover allowances by you?

Friend of mine just looked into that after buying a new printer and it's clearly stated that there's no rollover allowance, so doesn't make half as much sense.

I just wish they'd simply stop cheating the the ink.. :rolleyes: