Private Repress

Marino - poor service

9 posts in this topic

Hey guys, hope this wet weather isn’t getting the better of you. 

just curious if anyone has had a frame from Marino this year?

I ordered a frame and fork in April, fully appreciating the covid situation and what impact that was likely to have on Marino. 

but communication had been poor to say the least, they said it would take longer than usual and have a time frame of 12 weeks. I waited quite a bit longer than that before asking what was happening via email... no reply, emailed again at the beginning of September... no reply. 

I took to Instagram messenger to send them a private question on the 15th of September - they did reply saying they were sorting the delivery and needed a few days (fair enough). But hadn’t heard anything, so sent them another insta message on Wednesday and had no reply.

Am I being too impatient? Finding it frustrating that they are pretty active on social media giving no indication of the delays customers are facing (or is it just me?) whilst continuing to promote orders stating they are back to full speed operation.

Any UK reps around? 

Anyone else waiting on orders?

Rant over! 

@Ross McArthur you still have anything to do with Marino?

1 hour ago, J.KYDD said:

Ross doesn’t anymore, he has put me in touch with Marino UK... I’ve explained the issues as the they are looking into it. Thanks though.

I’ll update this thread once/if they get back to me 

I had these sort of issues with him about eight years ago. 

It's good to hear at least some things remain a constant in these crazy times of tumult and change. 

2 people like this

17 hours ago, J.KYDD said:

The lure of aluminium was just too strong.

2 people like this

So Marino UK advised they were talking direct with Peru last Wednesday Night and they would get back to me. Still nothing :|

I’m sure they will fulfil the order, but if anyone is considering ordering - be prepared to wait.

On 10/5/2020 at 2:55 AM, Ross McArthur said:

The lure of aluminium was just too strong.

Ross do you have a custom aluminium builder you'd recommend?

On ‎17‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 4:28 PM, Swoofty said:

Ross do you have a custom aluminium builder you'd recommend?

I don't dude, sorry. I was meaning more just churned out off the shelf aluminium frames rather than custom.

On 10/19/2020 at 1:49 AM, Ross McArthur said:

I don't dude, sorry. I was meaning more just churned out off the shelf aluminium frames rather than custom.

It's a real shame custom alu is nearly impossible to come by. I have 3 custom carbon builders within easy drive from me, but besides Scorpio, I don't know any custom alu frame builders that can do a street trials frame. According to Albert, Scorpio is worth it so might see what they can do in the future.  But like you said, between the Hex and the Czar 26 I'm not really wanting for much else.