Curtis T1

Robq7653

Took delivery of this the other day and made a start on making it my style already. The colour won’t be staying, wheels may take a while with the current situation and November until rims are hopefully in stock. But will be a nice build hopefully when complete. 

FB61A7A5-DEFD-48D9-B22E-58D71AC92E7D.jpeg

EC8946DE-A951-4DD7-A2DC-6B16ACF7F4BA.jpeg

82DC8735-39D8-4B30-AD4A-529F42A5F010.jpeg

037706CD-CECA-4E68-90F0-07BC2CD9125A.jpeg

B71F67E1-3157-4D5E-A4B0-82FAA3127683.jpeg

• Like 4

I’m not too sure on the year to be honest can’t find a lot out about it. There was a Belgium rider who rode this but not found anything more out. 
it’s looking pretty different now and does hop and spin rather nicely. Waiting on a few bits before I can actually ride it properly. Only a little brakeless play around in the garden so far. 

516FAE45-1576-4477-82ED-778C4021B838.jpeg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, onzatpro09 said:

Please never bring this bike anywhere near me because I will ruthlessly try and make babies with it...

That said I have had a couple of conversations with Gary at Curtis recently... 2021 might be a good year ;)

So did I, he did absolutely not wanna make a trials frame lol.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LEON said:

So did I, he did absolutely not wanna make a trials frame lol.

Haha, different outcome to my convos then. That said, my dad bought an AM7 hardtail last year (the first pinion one he's made if anybody has seen/cares) and we had a good conversation about it then, plus while there he fixed a couple if cracks and popped some brake tabs on my brakeless Arcade. Although weary, he's not said no to the idea. He's put me on the build waiting list so that's a step in the right direction haha

I will say - The price made me choke a bit :S

I'm looking at something along the lines of an Arcade. The tyre/crank clearance is my main concern too and might be the deal breaker. Needs to be max ~365 chainstay or I won't be doing it. Can't afford to spend that on a frame that isn't perfect haha :P

8 minutes ago, LEON said:

Edited by onzatpro09

26 minutes ago, LEON said:

He suggested an 83mm bb, 142mm axle etc

Yeah, it would definitely work that way but it's a nahhhh from me too. I have a very specific vision and if he can't/won't do it then it's a no from me dawg

16 minutes ago, Adam@TartyBikes said:

That'll be his way of trying to put you off, haha.

Yeah, I figured fairly quick. Even asked about making forks but wouldn't even give a price on them haha. I managed to have a rejig of bikes and free up the money to invest into another so he was probably surprised to hear I was still interested :P