Alias 24.1

onzatpro09

Maybe some one has let the cat out the bag unless this is not related! https://4guimp.it/shop/bici/street-trial/inspired-alias-24-1-24/. I was hoping for nearly a big version of the 20.2 (currently got) and being fond of 24" back in the day was quite excited. Looks like a short front end, you can notice the jagwire on the cabling in the dark image and involves some v brake mounts which is cool?? 

Geometrie

Interasse: 968mm

Foderi: 364mm

Altezza BB: +15mm

Angolo sterzo: 74°

Peso: 11,68 kg (compresi pedali)

Vs

Arcade:

Geometry
- Wheelbase: 992mm
- Chainstay: 362mm
- BB Rise: +25mm
- Head Angle: 74.5˚

Edited by Matt24.
Additional info

8 hours ago, Swoofty said:

If it's made of steel and has no seat it's dead on arrival. What 24" really needs is a better choice of rims. It's a wasteland out there for 24" rims. More tires would be nice too...

When I ran 24 the contis were the best tyre by far grip wise companies to maxxis and lends but I found it heavy on the front - a front specific lighter version would have been awesome!

4 hours ago, Matt24. said:

When I ran 24 the contis were the best tyre by far grip wise companies to maxxis and lends but I found it heavy on the front - a front specific lighter version would have been awesome!

Fun fact, when they originally tested them they had them in both single ply and dual ply options. They also had some in the super soft Der Kaiser style Black Chilli compound and they felt f**king awful. I got a set of those to try out and they felt so bad I was put off the Conti tyres for ages as I thought it was a fundamental issue with the tyre rather than compound-specific. When I tried a production pair in their normal compound they were sweet.

Those Alias bikes are being sent out to dealers already so I don't think that shop posting them up early really changed anything. That shop just jumped the gun a bit after the teaser photo was posted on social media by the looks of it. 

EDIT: On the 24.1 - worth noting the frame is really nice. It's basically the 20.2, but scaled up. The only thing that's really different is that it's got a plain head tube and BB shell to keep costs down, but the material and design is a lot better than that kind of price point would suggest, if that makes sense. It's not like with something like the Zoot where the frame wasn't exactly great...

• Like 1

They remind me of my Leeson - just a clean simple looking steel frame and v brake mounts is a good shout personally - especially to keep that no nonsense feel. The Teal is also a really nice frame colour that the photos do not do justice. When I got the 20.2 I was half desiring powder coating it over the winter but the teal is really nice in real life. I'd love to have a little nibble on one compared to the 20.2 as I do really enjoy the 20.2 but always liked a seat and 24" wheels! Do you know if they plan to sell frame only on it?

I wish that original testing had resulted in a single ply! That would have been great but I am not sure many others have moaned on the weight front or held people back much. I think it didn't help I swapped to heavier forks and the conti at a similar time and combined added about half a kilogram! 

Edited by Matt24.

From memory, the production model is pretty much what the single ply tyres were as far as I can remember. We're going back a long way now I might be way off, but I seem to remember the dual ply version was over a kilo per tyre. @Ali C may know? We both tried a couple of different sets out from the very initial test tyres.

I don't know if they're doing frame only, sorry. I imagine it'll be a case that if they do, it'll be next year some time.

I may have bashed up the 20.2 well enough by then to warrant one of these if it’s another 6 months! I seem to be giving the 20.2 some real bashing at the moment - albeit they are built to last so may take a lot more bashing to put it out of action!!