Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Revolver

Hiding spam permisson for SMs?

9 posts in this topic

Sup TF Admin,

Seems like there aren't often moderators online. I've seen Rich around, but not really any of the others. Although to be fair, I might just not be online at the same time as them...

To speed up the response time and alleviate some of the work from Rich / the mod team, Senior Members could be given the ability to move spam posts to a hidden part of the forum.

Then they can be quickly dealt with, since there are often SMs online, and Rich and the other mods can simply delete the posts and ban the users from there.

It's a suggestion!

Edited by Revolver
3 people like this

Good idea.

Although I do like to log dozens f spam reports to give Rich something to do :lol:

:lol:

Well, I did see Rich on earlier, but he didn't deal with the spam that's been there since Tuesday. Obviously Rich is a human and has other shtuff to do. By all means there may well be a massive backlog of stuff for him to deal with that we can't see, so :S This would take some of the weight off his shoulders, especially if he's the only active mod.

I wouldn't mind helping if needed. I may not be a senior member in title but I have been on here since 2003! And I think at the tender age of 32 I can probably be sensible enough (definitely wouldn't have trusted me pre 30!)

Or if there's only one active moderator, see about refreshing the list :P Not much use having ten mods if eight of them haven't logged in for four years and one for two. (No idea on real numbers - just saying.)

2 people like this

Good idea, it would be nice to have some housework to do around here in exchange for my pink title :)

@Danny is online! What do you think?

Agreed. I think there should be a few more mods. There's a few people that are here a lot and would do a good job. Fair play to Tom and Danny for keeping this place alive though!

2 people like this

Sorry I missed this. Will sort something out today (Y)

1 person likes this