Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
David Biddle™

Help: Old rider updating bike parts

4 posts in this topic

Hello everyone

So after a fairly long break from trials the bug has bitten me again and decided to get another bike. The spec of the bike is kinda mid 2000s build ozonys xs26 ( I believe) most of the build I am gonna keep hope wheels ,echo forks ,front and rear maguras ,echo cranks and neon stem. So I'm looking to upgrade the bars ( old style zoo bars ) tyres mostly the front one (old dead front tyre) and brake pads ( running tnn greens that are nearly dead ) any recommendations on updating these parts .

Biddle.

People might tell you to get X, Y or Z super high rise bars. Don't. The frame wasn't designed for them. Trialtechs are super bombproof and the highest I would go for with that frame, but possibly a shade lower would be better. 

Not sure on the other two because I'm brakeless 20" :P

Edited by aener

54 minutes ago, aener said:

People might tell you to get X, Y or Z super high rise bars. Don't. The frame wasn't designed for them. Trialtechs are super bombproof and the highest I would go for with that frame, but possibly a shade lower would be better. 

Not sure on the other two because I'm brakeless 20" :P

Cheers aener I did try to look for the trialtech bars but carnt seem to find them i know tartybikes normally sell them but didn't have alot of options for trialtech bars. I did look at a pair of jitsie bars ( 90mm ) they seem ok but the up sweep seems really high compared to the zoo bars im running.

I imagine the Jitsies are pretty similar. I've not heard of issues with them, so probably also a safe bet.
Choose carefully though, since there seems to be about a thousand options. Some have really little upsweep like the Arcade bars, which are very much an acquired taste.

I personally find them disgusting, others don't. Just pointing it out as something to be aware of.