Biggest tap ever? (Tunnicliffe - Zoo 32)

aener

So - I was endlessly clicking through videos trying to find the one I should post in the Favourite Videos thread and re-watched this.

The tap at 1:48... I really don't know if I can think of a bigger tap. Porter had a couple, but I don't think they were quite as big. Ten points go to anyone who can post footage of a bigger one.
Must be a regular, vertical tap. No kickers or sloping runups etc.
Especially for f**king BUNNYtapping an old-school Pitbull. Just... f**k That.

(Or for anyone who's not seen it, enjoy this video - it's an absolute slammer - then go watch all his others.)

• Like 4

Joacim's taps are more of a frenchie, not a tap. he's hitting the top of the wall, not the front of it. think its more efficient for comp use. 

how big was kyles one in coventry behind the gym? that wall is pretty darn sizeable and slightly over-vert.

only other one that springs to mind is one of porters ones. but i dont think its as big.

2 hours ago, Ali C said:

Funny looking back on his riding after a few years, you automatically assume the size of riding always progresses but those are still some of the biggest hooks and taps I’ve ever seen.

Think part of that is due to riding techniques changing quite a lot. The riders people tend to emulate these days are usually the UCI guys like Carthy and co., and they're all pushing more on ups to front and moves like that so I guess taps have just fallen out of favour. For the moves that those riders are still pushing on, heights are still progressing. There are some unknown/random riders on Instagram doing some massive ups to front these days, kind of similar to how a lot of people were going out and trying to do bigger taps back in the day.

2 hours ago, gage-mann said:

Always thought Matt Arkwright at blackpool was insane 

I've never seen that before, that's a decent sized hook even with the slope...pretty sure that's close to chin height! Yes the slope makes it easier but I still never considered that tappable!

Not sure it's quite as hefty as the Brum tap in question, but the tap at 1.35 always blew me away, especially with the short chalky run-up! 

Also stumbled upon some other old vids in my liked with some rather sizable taps on offer:

Holy crap! Fontenoy might take the win with that one. I'd forgotten how big he went.

Bricks are usually a standard 65mm with a 10mm mortar gap. Counting up the rows and the soldier course on top, I got a super sketchy TF-tape result of about 1.46m.
They just stop looking like they make sense, after a certain height.

On 2020. 11. 26. at 9:53 PM, aener said:

So - I was endlessly clicking through videos trying to find the one I should post in the Favourite Videos thread and re-watched this.

The tap at 1:48... I really don't know if I can think of a bigger tap. Porter had a couple, but I don't think they were quite as big. Ten points go to anyone who can post footage of a bigger one.
Must be a regular, vertical tap. No kickers or sloping runups etc.
Especially for f**king BUNNYtapping an old-school Pitbull. Just... f**k That.

(Or for anyone who's not seen it, enjoy this video - it's an absolute slammer - then go watch all his others.)

What a madman. After all these years, his vidz are always gettin me to a state like JEEEEEEZ, that's insane... That hook to the gate is still unreal to me. Neil is an absolute prodigy in the TGS world.

Edited by ZENITH