Chris Akrigg custom mongoose

matt slegg

Its not made by Mongoose but they probably paid for it. I'm racking my head trying to think of the frame builder.... It'll come to me.

Anyway, he soon painted it blue then it was knicked out his van...Annoying.

Edit; if you see any close ups of the finish of the raw frame you'll notice flicks of gold paint round the welds. Almost looks like rust - but cooler. :lol:

Edited by Ross McArthur

Not with those dropouts...

I seem to remember it was related to Charge bikes in a way. Charge were under the same umbrella as Chris' other sponsors and do steel frames, so it would have been fairly straight-forward for them to have had something made.

18 hours ago, matt slegg said:

Thank you everyone, really interesting, Wonder what happened to the bike that was stolen?

I really love those old Megamo bikes. They look so simple.

He had one stolen then another one made. There are a few megamo’s bobbling about, you can pretty much upgrade the bikes with decent spec to make it feel quite nice. I still got an old one which has cracked about 5 times in different areas and one brand new (see pic) frame with 150mm axle clearance on the rear. They used to have really wide shimano freewheel/fixed hubs on the rear.

F9BFAE96-0538-4E60-9593-1FA5EA24F931.jpeg

4 hours ago, John Shrewsbury said:

He had one stolen then another one made. There are a few megamo’s bobbling about, you can pretty much upgrade the bikes with decent spec to make it feel quite nice. I still got an old one which has cracked about 5 times in different areas and one brand new (see pic) frame with 150mm axle clearance on the rear. They used to have really wide shimano freewheel/fixed hubs on the rear.

F9BFAE96-0538-4E60-9593-1FA5EA24F931.jpeg

I love that Megamo John. the skinny tubing looks so cool. Im jealous. You should build it up.

• Like 1

It was built by standard byke co. Known for their bmx frames, Chris is pals with the mongoose bmx team manager and got them to build it for him. Though geometry wasn’t correct went on one trip on it before binning off.

Edited by uk24

12 hours ago, uk24 said:

It was built by standard byke co. Known for their bmx frames, Chris is pals with the mongoose bmx team manager and got them to build it for him. Though geometry wasn’t correct went on one trip on it before binning off.

That's interesting to hear. What's your source? I did have my suspicions on whether the bike was actually stolen or not, or whether he just didn't like it and decided to bin it haha...

That one trip was to somewhere rocky with Edd on his raw Arcade? Buthiers? Anyone got the video?