Extention Heimdall

matt slegg

So ive spent most of today on the computer researching various things bike related and came across Extention bikes. Ive never heard of them but they look pretty good especially the one I have linked below named Heimdall. Looks like it could be an excellent budget bike for anyone starting out, I cant see any flaws in the spec?

Also never heard of FXN Store before. Not sure how long they have been around but nice to see more people selling trials stuff.

Anyone on here riding a Extention?

https://www.store.fxn.global/product-page/extention-heimdall

I have heard mixed reviews from people on them. They are basically inspired copies and haven’t been around long enough really to know how long they’ll last and how much abuse they stand up to. If I was looking for a 24” for £700 it would be an alias. Proven build quality and good starting spec. 

• Like 1

They look reasonable enough, but from what I've heard recently you'll struggle to actually get one.

A good friend ordered one at the end of last year and currently has neither a bike nor his money back. He's been given a couple of half-arsed excuses but otherwise they're giving him the silent treatment.

I'd avoid like the plague based on his experience.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Matt24. said:

I have heard mixed reviews from people on them. They are basically inspired copies and haven’t been around long enough really to know how long they’ll last and how much abuse they stand up to. If I was looking for a 24” for £700 it would be an alias. Proven build quality and good starting spec. 

I know what you mean, it would be a gamble buying one of these with no track record however for £700 the spec looks to be a bit better than you get on the Alias. Hubs ,freewheel, brakes and tyres all look to be very good for £700 and it's light.

I pick cheap & strong - Alias is the winner ;-). Joking aside - I’d rather spend my money within the initial purchase with a decent back bone to upgrade from. The Alias may have slightly lower spec components but these are cheaper and easier to swap out in the long run bit by bit then get an extension and likely need a new frame as well as components at some point. Obviously these extension frames will last as long as you abuse them so if you are an occasional rider they will last longer or a serial weekly basher it won’t. The Alias with the 20.1 and 20.2 have shown they will stand up to some serious abuse. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt24. said:

I pick cheap & strong - Alias is the winner ;-). Joking aside - I’d rather spend my money within the initial purchase with a decent back bone to upgrade from. The Alias may have slightly lower spec components but these are cheaper and easier to swap out in the long run bit by bit then get an extension and likely need a new frame as well as components at some point. Obviously these extension frames will last as long as you abuse them so if you are an occasional rider they will last longer or a serial weekly basher it won’t. The Alias with the 20.1 and 20.2 have shown they will stand up to some serious abuse. 

Id choose the same and cant wait to get my 20.1 built up.

The 24.1 frame does look really nice also. Its a shame they dont do a slightly better spec with that frame for say £200 more but maybe it would affect the sales of the Arcade?

2 hours ago, Matt24. said:

The Alias with the 20.1 and 20.2 have shown they will stand up to some serious abuse. 

Just to put my foot in, here: I've never broken one.
As far as I'm aware, no-one has. At least, I was told there hadn't been a single warranty claim a while back. I like that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, matt slegg said:

Id choose the same and cant wait to get my 20.1 built up.

The 24.1 frame does look really nice also. Its a shame they dont do a slightly better spec with that frame for say £200 more but maybe it would affect the sales of the Arcade?

It would probably more be competing with the Flow or Flow Plus, and with Inspired being the better known brand I think they might struggle more with that realistically. The dream would have been for it to be a bit cheaper, but in fairness the Onza Zoot was around £549 from memory, so bearing in mind the price rises for parts across the board (just from 2020 to 2021 prices have risen 5-15% for a lot of brands) since the Zoot was out the 24.1 is comparatively priced despite having a much better frame to start off with.

49 minutes ago, aener said:

Just to put my foot in, here: I've never broken one.
As far as I'm aware, no-one has. At least, I was told there hadn't been a single warranty claim a while back. I like that.

I haven't heard of any either - they're just tough frames. It does mean they're not light, but I think there's a growing number of riders who value strength and durability over knowing that their frame is Xg lighter than a different frame.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Mark W said:

I haven't heard of any either - they're just tough frames. It does mean they're not light, but I think there's a growing number of riders who value strength and durability over knowing that their frame is Xg lighter than a different frame.

Thankfully the days of making everything as light as possible is behind us, as a fat c**t it was getting worrying. :lol:

• Like 4