Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dan Donaghy

Help! 16 years away from Trials

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I've recently bought an Onza Tyke having not ridden trials since I was 16, I'm now 30 and completely useless. 

The V brakes on the Tyke are next to useless, can anybody recommend a cheap setup or any advice on improvements? I don't want to spend the earth as I'm just trying to get back in the swing of things. Cheers guys 

20210205_171418.jpg

New cables, and a set of sticky pads such as the Jitsie ones.

1 person likes this

Hey man!

well done for getting back on the trials bike. I did the same thing over lockdown.

I was off the trials bike for ten years, I'm now 36 now and absolutely addicted to trials again, meeting up with old trials buddy's and new ones at every opportunity.

It was an onza bird that started me off again. I managed to fit a set of maguras with adaptors and grind the rear rim which made a huge difference. I'm sure someone can advise you on your v brakes, maybe new pads and a grind. One of the best changes I made was fitting a decent freewheel onto the cranks and sprocket on the rear wheel, I think the freewheel on yours is on the back like mine was. It makes the gearing much better for trials. 

I hope you get the same enjoyment as I've been getting. 

6 hours ago, Adam@TartyBikes said:

New cables, and a set of sticky pads such as the Jitsie ones.

Thanks