My new Marino Street Build

Private Repress

After ordering the frame kit from Marino in April 2020 for a lockdown project, it finally arrived late last month.

I’d purchased most of the bits over a long period of time and got what I could second hand but in good condition to keep costs down. Ultimately this is a cheaper route to an inspired arcade which I make no excuses for, it’s what I wanted. A fairly standard build these days but I’ve gone with parts that have been tried and tested - so it is a bit of a photocopy of other 24’s out there, but that’s fine by me :)

I’m absolutely over the moon with the finished result, only had a chance to ride on some curbs outside my house so far (I need to bed the brakes in anyway). But first impressions are great, the bike feels nimble yet solid and responsive. Can’t wait to have a proper ride this coming weekend (if the weather is kind!).

6AEDD2D0-C697-41A1-BE5A-DAA4266E2AF8.thumb.jpeg.b4f8d027a91ec74602aa66b7ab2f12bf.jpeg

E5B64757-1D08-4250-96F9-341BDC97E4EB.thumb.jpeg.002bfcac06a92e639f0b3b899ae9303c.jpeg

CB9D7E3C-1ED4-4AFA-9F3C-F52BEE053F97.thumb.jpeg.2bed8c321ab27e9943f5e791e0e0f09c.jpeg

• Like 10

So I realised I made a huge school boy error when I built the wheels... I forgot to underlap the spokes on the 3 cross!! In my defence I was building them in the living room while keeping an eye on my new born son haha. 

Took the bad weather as an opportunity to rebuild the wheels and add some rimpact inserts. Every cloud... 

Edited by Private Repress
Tyou
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I could do a build thread, but way too soon to start one now! I've asked for 'silver;' we'll see what color that comes out to. I asked if i could have it raw, but he advised against that due to unknowns in shipping times. Fair enough. Depending on the 'silver,' I might strip it and go for a see-through cyan like they do on the TMS Silex bikes. Looks like a Jolly Rancher candy with steel inside it. We'll see.

I'm leaning toward this color. It's the color the first BMW M4s came in.

PXL_20210905_232358771.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Swoofty said:

I could do a build thread, but way too soon to start one now! I've asked for 'silver;' we'll see what color that comes out to. I asked if i could have it raw, but he advised against that due to unknowns in shipping times. Fair enough. Depending on the 'silver,' I might strip it and go for a see-through cyan like they do on the TMS Silex bikes. Looks like a Jolly Rancher candy with steel inside it. We'll see.

Yeah I asked for a raw finish and a clear coat, they advised against it because it’s not as well protected against corrosion. 

silver would look great, but I’m a sucker for that BMW blue! 

1 minute ago, Swoofty said:

Yeah I asked for a raw finish and a clear coat, they advised against it because it’s not as well protected against corrosion. 

silver would look great, but I’m a sucker for that BMW blue!