Shin Guards

Richie612

11 hours ago, isitafox said:

Not sure what the reviews say but I'd go with sixsixone

The reviews said they're very tight fitting, the padding on the front sticks out far too much and they're very hot.

I generally use Sixsixone armour for DH and Enduro but want a slim fitting shin protector for trials.

Rich 

6 hours ago, trialscrab said:

Saw them, look really good but a bit put off how 2 sizes can cover from Small to XL. Without trying them first in a shop it's a bit of a gamble buying online only to find out they don't fit very well. 

Rich 

12 hours ago, Adam@TartyBikes said:

They are very stretchy and the sizing chart we produced is accurate. I have a set myself in the larger size, 38cm calf. Would probably buy Hebo next time as I prefer the styling.

The Hebo Size Chart is terrible to be honest, why don't they do a circumference measurement? Can I ask which part of your calf you measured to get the 38cm as the Jutsie size chart measures below the knee and above the ankle.

Rich 

I dunno. Many manufacturers do weird things like that.

Largest part. We figure that's the pertinent bit, so based the sizing info on that (should all be in the product description).

For balance, I've never tried the Shadow Conspiracy ones, they look good though.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I need to find some shin pads that do not have any neoprene in them (I have a strange allergy to a chemical in neoprene that gives me dermatitis), those Shadow Invisa-lite ones don't seem to mention neoprene so I might be ok with those. My question is, what size? Their size chart kind of indicates that they take their measurement just below the knee and not the widest part of the calf (see below), is that right?

My calf is 42cm at it's widest and the part just below my knee is 33cm so not sure whether to order Medium or Large? 

51036750652_5d15b8a30f_z.jpg

So, i've got skinny wee chicken legs, and bought a size small. They were a bit tight round the ankle so had to cut them a bit to get my foot through. It sounds to me like you'd probably be best with with a size large as that arrow does seem to be pointing at the calf muscle rather than 'just below the knee'.

If you're really that worried, you could always buy both sizes, try them on and send one back. Its a bit of faff, but at least you'll get what you want first time.

Edited by ben_travis
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, ben_travis said:

So, i've got skinny wee chicken legs, and bought a size small. They were a bit tight round the ankle so had to cut them a bit to get my foot through. It sounds to me like you'd probably be best with with a size large as that arrow does seem to be pointing at the calf muscle rather than 'just below the knee'.

If you're really that worried, you could always buy both sizes, try them on and send one back. Its a bit of faff, but at least you'll get what you want first time.

Cheers buddy, I might just do that then. Hopefully they are neoprene free. 

I went for these in the end https://www.tartybikes.co.uk/protection/comas_shinguards/c119p13713.html

Opted for the Adult Large size and prayed they weren't too large. I don't have particularly bulky legs being 180cm and 74kg but my God they are a tight fit!

Very light and breathable though which is a good thing but extremely tight between the knee and calf,

I'd like to know how old the Adult Large model was for Comas when deciding the sizing, 12 maybe?

1 hour ago, Richie612 said:

Stay away from these chaps

Who knew that a direct recommendation from a person who sees these things every day would have been better than taking a punt on a different product that didn't come recommended when asked ;)

13 minutes ago, Adam@TartyBikes said:

Who knew that a direct recommendation from a person who sees these things every day would have been better than taking a punt on a different product that didn't come recommended when asked ;)

I was after a slim shin guard and lightweight. Unfortunately the Comas ones were indeed slim and lightweight but as durable as women's tights.

If someone had have said that then they definitely wouldn't have been chosen :unsure: