2021 Crewkerz Guilty

Swoofty

It's 99% how I want it now so I figured I'd put it in the proper thread. Now that the brakes are bedded and the hoses are trimmed, I'm having a whole lot 'o fun on this thing. Spins like a dream, but doesn't quite match the power moves I could do on my 26s. I'm hoping that will improve as I get used to the bike. When I can afford those $300 Crewkerz cranks, I'll probably admit defeat and install them, but I'll keep tweaking the Bonz for now. Hopefully Mark approves of my hoses now ;-)

Crewkerz Guilty Frame

Czar 15mm through axle fork

Industry 9 Hydra hub to Spank Spike Race 33 rim

Extralite Hyper JF front hub to Spank rim

Magura MT5s front & rear, 180mm rotors

Comas carbon handlebar, 90 x 35 stem

Bonz splined cranks, 18t to 13t

Weight 20.6 lbs / 9.3 kg

PXL_20210224_003748478.jpg

PXL_20210224_003813074.jpg

PXL_20210224_003935861.jpg

PXL_20210224_004017705.jpg

PXL_20210224_003915273.jpg

Edited by Swoofty
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, Mikee said:

It's refreshing to see a non Inspired street build. Sadly, it's a rare occurrence these days

If you check the build thread, you'll understand why! Peter has definitely had to do some head scratching and put the time in to make this work.

Looks good and a great weight!

7 hours ago, Adam@TartyBikes said:

If you check the build thread, you'll understand why! Peter has definitely had to do some head scratching and put the time in to make this work.

Looks good and a great weight!

Haha! Thanks Adam! I'm just a natural contrarian. If someone tells me I have to do something one way, that makes me want to do it a different way. My ride today sold me even more on this bike. I was able to do everything I was doing on my Hex, but so much more maneuverable!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Update: So I finally broke down and got the WAW cranks that are made for this bike. The Bonz were working ok, but the 46mm press fit BB to 24mm axle just introduced too much flex in the system even though I was using Rotor's BB that is 46 to 24 without adapters. The WAW cranks are admittedly pretty sweet. Oh well, lesson learned. Also finally got carbon rims for this baby. The front is a 30mm BMX 24 and the rear is 38mm. They're both from Light Bicycle. I've only gotten 2 rides on them so far, but great so far. The wider rear seems to help the Holy Rollers fold less on sketchy landings, but I haven't gone bellow 35 psi yet. I'll keep you posted on these hoops. The bike is down to 20.2 lbs/ 9.16kg ;-)

PXL_20210525_011937831.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...